WEGO III observations

Kevin Jones

Registered
Easy enough install. I did not research as thoroughly as I thought I did. I know Daytona Sensors has a good rep as a quality electronics manufacturer. After installing I got down to the nitty gritty. There are some limitations. To me, severe limitations as compared to other datalogging devices. You can store 8k instances. I will set my instances to .1 seconds for track runs and look at AFR later on and other things. What does 8k instances mean at .1 intervals? 800 seconds or 48 minutes. At which point it must be cleared by an external laptop with the software installed. Forget to clear the device, ride to the track (for me an hour and 15) with full leathers in backpack and drinks, etc (pretty damn full assault pack). and if you didnt bring your laptop, you will run out of space. If other devices had flash cards, you could simply insert another card and keep going. 48 minutes is plenty enough for a noob like me to record passes at the 1/8th mile track. Im not making it to the brackets, lol. Anyway, something to think about. Although there is room for some expansion with this device, I believe it may be outdated and behind the power curve electronically compared to other devices WHICH MY FRIEND WHO IS SMARTER THAN ME got a logbox pro and I didnt listen. :)

Always good to have a quiet place to fish..

fish 1.png

Back