Back cut trans and higher 6th gear..

02BusaAndy

Registered
Hey guys, I have an 07 busa and I'm looking at getting the trans back cut and if possible, a higher 6th gear to keep the rpms down on the interstate. My question is, wheres a good place to send it to get this done and what do they charge to do it. I also want them to reassemble the trans using the HD output shaft with an 18 tooth gear. Any help is appreciated..

What did you find out? Cost? Turn around time? What RPM's are you looking at riding (and what speeds)? Do you run stock sizes on the rear sprocket?

Thanks in advance - sounds interesting!

The cost is not to bad, looking at $425 for the more streetable racecut trans job and $375 for the billet HD output shaft. I am running a stock 17 front sprocket up front and a JT steel 43 tooth rear sprocket so it's set up for more strip than street at the moment and that's what's driving the rpms up. When I get the HD output shaft, i'll be running an 18 tooth front sprocket and a 44 tooth rear. I also decided not to go with the bigger 5th and 6th gear, I was informed that they were mainly used for land speed bikes and that's not what i'm going for. Frank is a very knowledgeable guy and will steer anyone in the right direction, and that's why I deal with only him when it comes to my bikes..

Back