Could a gen 2 engine be droped into a gen 1 frame?

LeDauz

Registered
Ok was reading someones tread about gen 2 headers on a gen 1 and

Just had to ask could i fit a gen 2 motor into a gen 1 frame ?
Would it just drop right in?

If so how much would a gen 1 motor sell for and how much would a gen 2 cost?

(the thoughts that come to me ask the oddest questions)

just swap Gen 1 plastics onto a Gen 2 bike. :beerchug:

yes you can drop a Gen 2 engine where a Gen 1 was. It's not just an engine swap though. You need to swap out alot of other things as well.

you can dig around for a Gen 1 engine at around 1-1.5k. Dunno how much a Gen 2 might go for.

Dunno what the reference is to Gen 2 headers on a Gen 1 but I've used Gen 2 exhaust systems on a Gen 1 engine in a Gen 1 frame.

Last edited:
the frames are the same..so yes it will work..you will also need the air box, the intake, exhaust, the whole darn wiring harness and ecu...and the right side handlebar controls and maybe even a few other items..like the tack/gauges...otherwise you could probably just drop in the gen 2 motor with the gen one intake....but if you want the 8 injectors from the gen 2 then you need the ecu and wire harness

either way you look at it, may just be better to go with a 2mm crank on your gen one..then your almost there anyway and still have stainless steel valves....

Last edited:
the frames are the same..so yes it will work..you will also need the air box, the intake, exhaust, the whole darn wiring harness and ecu...and the right side handlebar controls and maybe even a few other items..like the tack/gauges...otherwise you could probably just drop in the gen 2 motor with the gen one intake....but if you want the 8 injectors from the gen 2 then you need the ecu and wire harness

either way you look at it, may just be better to go with a 2mm crank on your gen one..then your almost there anyway and still have stainless steel valves....

:beerchug:

It'd prob be cheaper, less of a pain, and more gains by just modding your Gen1...
Go take off your plastics, drop the motor and think about it...

Back