Best Air filter element? K&N or BMC?

BMC here... the general consensus is not much gain over stock on any of them.
I waited till my stock needed to be changed and bought the washable instead of adding more trash to the landfill. It will take two or three washes to break even.
Just doing my part for the planet .... :whistle:

Good marketing will convince you of anything.

I stock the K&N & Pipercross in case you need one.

Everytime a thread like this pops up, maybe I need to stock a BMC just in case. :laugh::laugh:

I run a BMC....but I don't have any actual "proof" of which one performs better.

I ordered the K&N online..it will be delivered today or tomorrow...When I do my dyno runs next week I am going to run with it and with factory filter...That will be the true test for the K&N...I cant speak for any of the others.

I ordered the K&N online..it will be delivered today or tomorrow...When I do my dyno runs next week I am going to run with it and with factory filter...That will be the true test for the K&N...I cant speak for any of the others.
Well not actually, say you add the K&N and it allows more air flow (which a good filter should) and the bike shows more power, lets say 2 HP. If its a good filter and you had a good AFR with the stock filter, let's say 13.1:1 and with the high flow filter it goes leaner to 13.3:1...you will need to retune to 13.1:1 to get the best result which may be a HP or two...just food for thought. Thats why bikes should be tuned with the good filter not added later. :beerchug:

Back