Help changing head light bulb

Wallie

Registered
I need to change the headlight bulb. the questions is I need to take the whole front out or there is an easier way of doing it. Any help will be great. :please:

Thx in advance

You can do it by removing the piece beneath the nose, but I always just removed the nose. I have big hands.

remove black plastic piece under the nose, pull the rubber ring off around the bulb, unplug the bulb, push in and up on the spring that holds the bulb in tight. Then take the adapter off of the bulb and put it on the new bulb. :beerchug:

Hmm, never been it from under the nose, I took my cluster and windscreen off when I installed my HID.

not yet I need to go an buy it then see if I can do it tonight as soon as I get to it I will post pics. remember if the :rulez:

Careful not to touch the bulb itself when replacing. Been known to shorten the lifespan of the bulb.

I left yesterday from work to go a buy the light bulb for the bike when I'm getting to the dealer I come to find out the dealer closed it went down hill. now I will have to g someplace else to find my parts over here in Orlando. Men the economy is really bad ???.
Well anyway here are some pics from last night

I started from the top and finish doing from the bottom of the nose

100_0575.jpg

and this is how it looks w/out the cover under the nose. it took me 30 min to do the whole thing.
Thx guys for all the help :laugh:

100_0583.jpg

100_0584.jpg

I like the effort you put into this but once you get the hang of that darn spring getting at it from the bottom is really easy.

2008? :thumbsup:

Gotta change mine again. My H9 bulb was damaged in transit. :( Maybe auto parts store will have the H9. ???

I like the effort you put into this but once you get the hang of that darn spring getting at it from the bottom is really easy.

I forgot to add my pix. I replaced the OEM light with a Philips Moto Vision for safety.

Here's the original

CIMG0131.jpg

And here's the Moto Vision

CIMG0134.jpg

Supposedly has an orange tint but I can't really see it. Does seem a bit briter but I had no complaints about that.

Back