HID Light Problem

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
My HID's are constantly giving me trouble when I fire up the bike. Sometimes it just flickers on/off and three times it hasn't even come on until 30 minutes or longer of running the bike...I have check all wiring and even put my factory lights back on with no problems...Anybody have any solutions???

If I fugg up on crank and the HID goes on and off quickly it will not come on sometimes. I run the high beam and the next time I crank up it's there. It may actually be better to have the kill switch mod or an older bike.

Sounds like you may be a candidate for a kill switch or delay relay. There's a sticky about it.

If you have two ballast swope the wiring between the two and see if the problem follows. If you just have one it may be the ballast? Hope this helps.

(dbankhotbusa @ Jun. 24 2007,21:57) If you have two ballast swope the wiring between the two and see if the problem follows. If you just have one it may be the ballast? Hope this helps.
Did you ever get your problem sorted out?

George is going to send me two new ballasts, so I hope that solves the problem...He has been really easy to deal with and he stands behind what he sells....
bowdown.gif

Hey thebbbusa

As a matter of fact I just fixed my problem Friday. It turned out to be my DEI delay timer.  It works like a champ now, I rode about 200mi this past weekend and had no issues with my gauges at all.
wink.gif

(dbankhotbusa @ Jun. 25 2007,08:39) Hey thebbbusa

As a matter of fact I just fixed my problem Friday. It turned out to be my DEI delay timer.  It works like a champ now, I rode about 200mi this past weekend and had no issues with my gauges at all.
wink.gif
Interesting, so you removed it completely or had to replace it with a different one?

(dbankhotbusa @ Jun. 25 2007,10:30) Yes, I removed it completely. I'm gonna send it in for replacement. I think it should be under warranty.
PM me or something, let me know how it turns out.

Back