GPS mounting pic request

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Looking to get a GPS but it's not going to be mounted that often on the Busa. Probably spend more time in the family car.

So I'd kinda rather not have some huge dental instrument (that'll be usually empty) looking thing attached to my bike permanently.

I'd rather just have the bike clean then snap something on when I want to use the GPS.

Anyway, just looking for ideas...thanks.

Mine spends time in the Truck, wifes car, and on my bike. 30 seconds to take off and only leaves the 1" ball in the stem.

Here is a link of my previous install.

I had to move it, I took a few pictures of the current setup and will post them up in a few.

This is a techmount that just slips into the 6mm throat behind the triple tree.

reaper_risers_4.JPG

Here is the way it is now. I just moved the ball and the way it was attached.

gps1.jpg

gps2.jpg

gps3.jpg

Hi ... I just got my Zumo 550 and although I think it will be ok mounting-wise I love your set up and was wondering where I could get one??? THX

Here's mine with a Zumo 550...ignore the computer that goes when I am pulling data on the road or uploading maps. I have included pics of the stem unit and the GPS mounted up as well. The last picture...never mind the cable...that was the power line before I tucked it away. Hope this helps...

DSC00667 (Small).JPG

DSC01483 (Medium).JPG

DSC00651 (Small).JPG

DSC01485 (Medium).JPG

DSC01487 (Medium).JPG

DSC01493 (Medium).JPG

What ram mount are you guys using to go inside the stem? Can't seem to find the one that fits the bill....

What ram mount are you guys using to go inside the stem? Can't seem to find the one that fits the bill....

Do an advanced search on GPS mount by me. I have posted pictures and part numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do an advanced search on GPS mount by me. I have posted pictures and part numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can never seem to get a search for "GPS" to work. I have tried the asterisk and all to no avail.... is there some kind of trick to this that I'm missing?

Sent from my computer using a keyboard

Back