Shift light using ECUeditor to control

sjg34

Registered
I'm contemplating add an shift light to my Gen 2 using ecueditor to control the shift points per gear. I guess I am wondering is it beneficial to have that level of control and how do I wire it up? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I see many lights with an included rpm switch but I would rather use the pair function in the stock ecu or just stay with the stock shift light
Thanks

the gen2 has a built in shift light. its the bright white one at the top of the dash. it just needs to be switched on and set to the rpm you want.

Having issues linking with forum runner, but if you search setting factory shift light. Private Jeff found a you tube video that walks you through it. Real simple.

Thanks for the replies. I was looking for something a little more advanced to give me the control to select a different shift point at each gear. My thought is if I could do this I would then be able to select the highest average horsepower for then next gear taking into account the RPM drop between gears

I know you can deff set the rpm light per gear in ecueditor. I think the best thing to do would find wiring diagram for the pin on back of the odometer and then tap in another shift light if you want to move it somewhere. Wouldn't need anything more then an LED with some wires.

Back