upgraded my battery / starter cables , made a vid

yeah, mine is an 03, I was having trouble starting when the engine was very hot, it was acting as if the battery was dead, then when it cooled down it would be fine again. with the new cables I haven't had any trouble at all. starts fine cool and as it should when the engine is hot. MUCH BETTER.

Thanks for the video.

Is there some reason that you couldn't make it one video instead of 11 parts?

Where do you live? Is it so hot there that you had problems?
Don't remember mine ever giving me problems starting.

I went with the Rick's stator and I can tell you it definitely has much more output like Brett said. Just the hefty chunk feels so solid right outta the box. A "good stator" was putting 12.9v through my system with both fans running at idle, a buncha piggybacks and stuff. The upgraded one you can get from Frank or Rick has it at 13.3. I am not so sure that Rick's regulator is as critical. And considering the heat and that I needed a battery anyway, I went with a lithium battery. You can get a "battery tender" brand lithium battery for what you would pay for a weak ass lead acid and a lithium battery does better when it is warm. And battery tender is local to me so if they sell you a bad one, it will give me an excuse to go beat them up. As far as a larger starter cable, are you certain that is a fix? As short as the conductor is, it doesnt really seem to me to need to be a larger one. If it were even 3 feet long, I might agree. But I dont think it has too small of a conductor. If it were, you would hear about it from the large displacement, super high compression guys who still run 12v.

Back