2 Speaker Amp iPod system...

graz

Registered
Does anyone have any good kits/ideas for great sounding system? I wanna plug in ipod with classic chubby connector via RCAs/12V self charging system that goes straight into amp and directly to 2 speakers. All suggestions welcomed...

Graz

Ipod will not direcly power any power amp. You will need a pre-amplifier to boost the signal. There are many small pre-amps out there, make sure it has "clean'" electronics or you will quickly get tired of listening to it.

Well here is one pic from the other night, I will try and get some more tonight.

IMG_0001.jpg

I tried this on mines and ended up taking it off. Not sure if the amp was strong enough to push the speakers, but the sound drounded out when up to speed. Hope this works for you. Be careful when you park your bike and have to run inside some place for a while.:whistle:

Blackbullet, How did you mount those monsters? Are they 5 1/4" or full 6" speakers? Been shopping around. So far, I understand that I need a "digital" amp to draw less amps from battery. And size is also a factor. Gonna need at least a true 200+ watt Amp to push 2 speakers. I saw a fair decent size Cerwin Vega digital 300watt digital amp. But like i said, size is a facotr I'm looking at 6" X 8" area of space.

Alpine makes the best digital amp, which draws less amp from battery. JL Audio is coming out with something new and small too.

appreciate the responses. keep em coming fellas.

Okay. I installed two 4" 2-way 45 watts RMS speakers along with Cerwin Vega 220 watt digital amp. interfaced with audio Y cable 3.5mm stereo plug to dual RCA plugs for iPod. Sounds great! I can still hear it on hwy with helmet on? WTF? turns some heads...

IMG00426-20100316-1850.jpg

Had to cut a little bit to fit the amp just right.

IMG00427-20100316-1850.jpg

The speaker covers are a bit goddy. However it's a clean job. And the gry matches the bike!

nope. 4 2 to 1 Yoshi R55. But I left the baffle in it. The music is not super clear, but I can hear it and recognize the songs.

sorry just getting back to you now, havent checked the forum in a while. Mine are 4" speakers but im looking to remount them because I want a cleaner look. What sizes are yours and how hard was it to mount it in the plastics like you did? that is a very clean set up

It's all about picking the correct and flatest location of the fairing panel. It took me awhile to figure out location. I should have added a 1/4" spacer, which raises speaker abut. More rear clearence. Especially for the speaker on the left. Fuses got in the way.

I also added the baffle which holds all sound towards speaker face. Baffle also keeps back of speaker clean of dirt moisture dust etc...

Yeah I finally got to ride highway this weekend with mine and they are pretty loud. Sometimes i couldnt hear them very well but it was a pretty windy day, but even doing 75-80 it was pretty clear.

Back