plug and play

jch364

Registered
ok I tried to search it but was having a hard time. here is what i want. I want to put a cigarette lighter plug up in the front panel area for future needs like a gps or whatever. Im not real electro technical minded so im looking for something kinda plug and play or nearly so. I thought at one time one of the sponsors had something but i dont remember. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know that lots of folks have done this kind of thing cause ive seen pics of some dash areas that look like something out of star trek. Im not that good at it but need some ideas.

as always thanks for the sound advise in advance
jeff:bowdown:

boostbysmith aux power lead.... site sponsor and super item.. I ran one lead to a weatherproof lighter (I had it mounted similar on the stock triple clamp too)

DSC_0020.JPG

Last edited:
heres an idea try to find one where the hole you will need to drill is a standard hole saw size like 3/4 inch 11/16ths you can wire it up to any of the switched 12 volt circuits that come on when the bikes key is in the run position....

Bump for boostbysmith (group deals) his plug and play harness is exactly what you need, I just did the same thing last weekend and it turned out perfect, got a aux lighter plug from checker and cut the wires off, added the supplied pin connectors and plugged it in then just mounted the aux adapter to the frame support that the gauge panel is bolted to with zip ties and I can now use my passport 8500 in the car or the bike with no hassle.

Bump for boostbysmith (group deals) his plug and play harness is exactly what you need, I just did the same thing last weekend and it turned out perfect, got a aux lighter plug from checker and cut the wires off, added the supplied pin connectors and plugged it in then just mounted the aux adapter to the frame support that the gauge panel is bolted to with zip ties and I can now use my passport 8500 in the car or the bike with no hassle.
Pictures please! :rulez:

ok thanks for the info. i know the part still not sure how to do it but i might just dive in

Back