brake light issues

flipcrab85

Registered
im doin some work on my cousin's 05, when he got it it already had an aftermarket led rear assy, it only had like 3 bulbs working and no signals, so i recomended him getting a new assy. He did, I installed it and now all is well as far as signals and just the running light, still no brake light. this is the first busa ive messed with, is there a fuse that is specifically for the brake light, or is it possibly a wiring issue. i checked the light assy and the leds for the brake light do light up, so that leads me to think that is an issue on the bike, if there isnt a fuse where does that brake light wire run to so i can possibly rerun a wire, incase the current one is damaged...

thanks

Welcome to the oRg. My bike had a ground issue when I first got it. Some one hacked the wiring to install LEDs and I had to run a separate ground for my tail light work.

well if the LEDs corresponding to the brake light DO work then ya may have a problem with the wire somewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

well if the LEDs corresponding to the brake light DO work then ya may have a problem with the wire somewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device
yea, thats what i was thinking, where to the wires for the brake lights end at, so i could start at that end and not have to completely pull the wires out from that back end to see where they end up, btw where is the fuse panel on this bike?

Fuse panel is located under the left side inner panel, just under the clutch lever/left side controls.

I bet you have some wires crossed. There should be 3 wires or 6 wires going to your tail light. The stock bike has two bulbs, hence 6 wires, 3 per bulb. One wire is the ground, one is running and the other is brake. Be sure you don't have the brake and running tied together as this will light the board up, but won't give any variation in brightness. I can't remember the colors, and my pic doesn't show all three, but it may help you enough. You won't have the relays, but you do have the wires that I have going to the wire ties.

IMG_5923.jpg

I can take a better pick and label the lines when I get home tonight.

Last edited:
from what i remember there is a total of 7 total wires coming to the back of the bike, three that are within the connector (black-ground, white-running, red-brake) and 2 x 2 for the turn signals a pos/gnd, i just plugged the ones in the connector together and coming off of the light assy there was a yellow and a blue, i grounded out the grounds that were for the signal and i connected the corresponding colored ones to their turn signal

from what i remember there is a total of 7 total wires coming to the back of the bike, three that are within the connector (black-ground, white-running, red-brake) and 2 x 2 for the turn signals a pos/gnd, i just plugged the ones in the connector together and coming off of the light assy there was a yellow and a blue, i grounded out the grounds that were for the signal and i connected the corresponding colored ones to their turn signal

Did you try switching the yellow and blue? Perhaps you have the running on the brake circuit in the light assembly.

Alright, so from the bike to the tailight there is a wiring harness that has 4 wires in it. Two white with black (brake), one brown wire (running), and one black with white (ground).

So as in the picture above the two (front and rear activator) white wires with black stripes go together and to the brake side, the brown wire goes to the running light and tag light, and the black wire with white stripe goes to ground.

The turn signal wires each have two wires going to them.

Alright, so from the bike to the tailight there is a wiring harness that has 4 wires in it. Two white with black (brake), one brown wire (running), and one black with white (ground).

So as in the picture above the two (front and rear activator) white wires with black stripes go together and to the brake side, the brown wire goes to the running light and tag light, and the black wire with white stripe goes to ground.

The turn signal wires each have two wires going to them.

cool deal...

Back