dodgy starting

Bofh_uk

Registered
Hi all I've had a small problem starting every now and then, I hit the button, she spins over and sometimes sticks if you know what I mean. The clock re-sets to 0 and then the next hit of the button normally starts her.

This morning I managed to stall her at the front of a set of lights, I pulled it out of gear and hit the button, it felt like a flat battery and mmissed a few times then all the clocks light up and I switched her of and on again before I finally managed to get her to turn over.

I did have heated gloves switched on and the head lights. Im thinking I might need a new battery, both the terminals are connected and greased up.

Any thoughts?

Battery!!! Do you keep it on a tender? You may want to do a search on batteries. The Busa pushes a lot of horses that the battery can't take unless fully charged. Also look into 24V systems for more info...Hope this helps...NCpanther01.//

Keep it on a battery tender, especially when you have heated gear hooked up. The stator won't produce enough to keep the battery charged with the extra load unless the engine RPMs are frequently over 3000. The battery will slowly be drained as you ride.

Back