Clutch problem, falling apart

Megabusa Sweden

Registered
Hi everyone.
I have a Megabusa (car with Hayabusa engine) and I put in a new clutch last year, Suzuki original with stronger springs. And after 3000km (1800m) the engine broke down (rod end bearing). And when taking it apart I found out that the clutch has falling apart and probably caused the failure. The engine has drysump system and flatshifter. The old clutch had run longer with no problem.
Anyone that has experiencd same thing ? or has any ideas of what the problem could be ?

Thanks

102 Trasig koppling 1.jpg

103 Trasig koppling 2.jpg

104 Trasig koppling 3.jpg

105 Trasig koppling 4.jpg

I have not seen clutch friction material disintegrate like that in a few years. It's strange how only a few segments failed.

I have seen so-called "High Performance" clutch plates fail due to many reasons, and most can be attributed to the type of abuse they are subjected to. Have you checked the friction and steel plates to see if they are warped? I don't see a lot of wear on the plate indexing fingers, nor do I see evidence of excessive heat.

With such uneven wear, and lack of visible heat damage, you may have had plates with some of the friction segments not properly bonded to the plates. I have seen that with stock friction plates on large displacement motors, and I have also seen that happen with a few sets of Barnett plates.

I havent found anyone that is warped. And all other parts look´s like new.
You sayed that it looks like they arent properly bonded, but they seems more to have split in half, than coming off.

Back