Gauges stop working

Destin07

Registered
Took off for a ride last night, all my gauges go out(time, mileage,Speedo, tach, FI, neutral, oil,) The back ground of the speedo and tach work but the needles are sitting all the way down, The only thing that works is the high beam blue indicator. What do you guys think?

I would pull guages and make sure plug is pushed in or try unplugging battery and hook back up..

Look at your "signal fuse" in the fuse box. I would bet your turn signals and brake light don't work either. I had all of the same symptoms and found out the fuse blew. I have actually had it repeat under the same exact conditions, two times. Both times it has happened to me in 3rd gear accelerating up to like 130 and as soon as I let go of the throttle everything goes dead. Other than that everything is fine. Anyone have an idea why that would be?

Look at your "signal fuse" in the fuse box.  I would bet your turn signals and brake light don't work either. I had all of the same symptoms and found out the fuse blew. I have actually had it repeat under the same exact conditions, two times.  Both times it has happened to me in 3rd gear accelerating up to like 130 and as soon as I let go of the throttle everything goes dead.  Other than that everything is fine. Anyone have an idea why that would be?
YOU COULD HAVE BARE WIRE AROUND STEERING AREA..

I had a bad fuel gauge that would dance around then go dead. ended up being the whole gage cluster. Thank God for warrenty work. Would of been 700.00 For the cluster and another 300.00 to install
argue.gif

Look at your "signal fuse" in the fuse box. I would bet your turn signals and brake light don't work either. I had all of the same symptoms and found out the fuse blew. I have actually had it repeat under the same exact conditions, two times. Both times it has happened to me in 3rd gear accelerating up to like 130 and as soon as I let go of the throttle everything goes dead. Other than that everything is fine. Anyone have an idea why that would be?

I am having the same thing going on and it is driving my crazy. I can't get it to blow the fuse in my driveway. It happens at different times and conditions. I could be sitting at a stop light, just cruising down the road, or accelerating under boost. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes it happens 4 or 5 times in 20 miles. I have pulled all the fairing off and looked at the wiring harness and can't seem to find anything wrong. The one thing that stands out is that the tail lights flicker as does the cluster when the bile is idling. The flickering stops if you rev it up to 3000rpms or higher. The battery is fully charged and it charges around 13.6V - 14.1V.

FYI...I finally found out what was causing my cluster problems. The horn plug came off and was hanging in front of the header. It didn't touch when it was sitting still, but the wind would push it into the turbo header when going down the road.

I can't beleive that three guys didn't see it before. We took all the fairing off the bike and looked at the harness several times (no alcohol involved) and didn't see it hanging there.

I saw the wires when I was cleaning the dust off my bike of all things when I saw it. I guess the joke is on me.:whistle:

Back