Busa blew up in the Driveway!!!

Dola225

Registered
Soooo, I am extreemely upset and pissed off this is what happened...

I have a 04 Busa with ONLY 1,300 miles. I went outside to start her up and let her warm up for a second while I get my gear on and about 3-4min later I look out the window and notice a MASSIVE amount of smoke! I quickly run downstairs to the bike (cloud of smoke) and shut it off. After I shut it off I hear a loud "POP" ( I was told by a buddy this just may b a hose blowin off due to "hot spots?") There is Anti-freeze EVERYWHERE and the bike is BURNING hott.....

WHAT HAPPENED?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bike is practically brand new I just bought it from a dealer about 2 months ago. If I recall correctly it has a warranty until August (I am looking into that right now.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR INPUT AND TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT haha!!!!!!!!!!!

rock.gif

Input? Don't walk away from your bike while its running.

lol. I crack myself up. Leave bike running in my neighbor hood and it won't be there when you come back outside.

did u by chance leave the high idle on? i've noticed w/ stock fan's and temp's above 75-80 deg it'll get pretty hot if you don't turn the idle back down.. the stock fan can't move enough cfm through it to cool it off...

I have an '04 that I just replaced the cracked head on. Don't know what caused it - it never overheated.

Anyway - I hope that's not your problem, hopefully just a burst hose...

The bike is not "practically brand new" It is 4 years old. Just because it has low miles doesn't mean that the hoses haven't dried out and become brittle. You also don't know what happened or has been done to the bike in its first 4 years of life since you just got it. Don't know what damage you may have caused. I'd trailer it back to the dealer and have it checked out. Did they give you any kind of warrantee?

Heck, there's a possibility, someone parked the bike outside this winter with 100% water in it and hairline cracked the block.

Who knows these days.

I would think if an 04 was properly riden and maintained, it would have more like 25,000+ miles on it.

Maybe this thing just sat around alot. Not good for vehicles.

Back