I LOST MY KEY!!! :(

swimmer7946

Registered
I misplaced my key during a move...I'm sure its in a box but I don't want to tear through stuff until some of my remodel is complete....how hared is it to get a new key??? I don't want to pony up for a new lock set....could a locksmith do it?? Suzuki dealer??

I don't know but there has to be a number on the bike somewhere that will tell the dealer what key to get .

The key tag has your no. on it, if you still have it.
thumb_up.gif

You can call a lock smith he will come out and make you a new key for your bike. My buddy did it for his R1 it will cost you though and it takes awhile

everytime that I think I lost my key.....I find it sticking out of the lock for the hump

I had the same problem I found it was actually cheaper and faster to call "pop a lock" you're local lock smith should be able to make you a set they use the gas cap to duplicate the original, good luck.

I'm not sure about the Busa, but my last bikes couple bikes had the key code stamped into the ignition switch. It wasn't in an easily accessible area; the switch assembly had to be removed to see the code, but it was there... With the code, you can easily get a new key cut.

Another thing to try, call your Suzuki dealer. They may have a way of looking it up. A couple years ago, I took my truck into get serviced; Dealer locked the key in it. They just looked up the VIN and found the key code, cut a new key for it...

Good luck!

u should have a little black tag with your key number they come with the keys

I only have one key. I went to the Suzi dealer and they said I "must have the key code" to get a key from Suzi. $50.00! Call the lock smith.???

Your dealer should have kept the key code.
Call them and try and get it from them.
They will be able to cut a key for you.

Re: I LOST MY KEY!!! :(

I only have one key. I went to the Suzi dealer and they said I "must have the key code" to get a key from Suzi. $50.00! Call the lock smith.???

I hope that he has found his key by now. :poke:

Re: I LOST MY KEY!!! :(

get a spare made for when it happens again.
keep the spare in our wallet.
you lose youre wallet too, you prolly shouldn't be on a busa.???

Back