wont start, please help!

big ed

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy just bought a 06 with 4,000 miles 2 weeks ago. this morning he calls me & says it wont start nothing happens when he hits the button(yes,its in(n)position,kickstand up,key on,kill switch(run position).Im going to his house after work today to check for him he doesnt remember if he heard the fuel pump prime when switched on.I feel bad because I talked him into the busa instead of a 07 zx10.PLEASE HELP

oh yeah,I forgot the temp.gauge stays in the red when the key is on but it just started acting up this morning & rode just fine last night.he also says he didnt drop it.......thanks in advance for the help

i think i would check the battery, hence you said nothing happens when he hits the button...

My buddy just bought a 06 with 4,000 miles 2 weeks ago. this morning he calls me & says it wont start nothing happens when he hits the button(yes,its in(n)position,kickstand up,key on,kill switch(run position).Im going to his house after work today to check for him he doesnt remember if he heard the fuel pump prime when switched on.I feel bad because I talked him into the busa instead of a 07 zx10.PLEASE HELP
my friend has the exact same problem with his 06' busa, if a find the problem let me know

Had the same problem yesterday. Check to see if pump primes. I was going down the road and the bike just cut off. When I turn it off and turned it back on, I heard no pump. I checked the plug connection and the yellow wire withh the red line had popped out the back of the plug. I popped it back in and the pumped primed itself and the bike started.
Hope this helps.

Back