FI light problem

psycobusa

Registered
hey guys...i have an 06 limited and the FI light is blinking on and off. engine turns over and i can hear the fuel pump when i turn the key but it doesnt want to start. its not getting any fire. anyway, i know there is a plug in the back left side of the bike and i know you can connect 2 of the terminals together with a paper clip to get the code. the problem is that this plug has 4 or 5 different terminals and i dont know which 2 to connect together. my 00 busa only had 2 wires going to it, so it was pretty easy. thanks for the help.

Wrong plug! It maybe buried a bit in front of that area but is there. Only 2 wires just like your 00.
all_coholic.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Jun. 24 2007,16:11) Wrong plug! It maybe buried a bit in front of that area but is there. Only 2 wires just like your 00.  
all_coholic.gif
you are correct my friend. i went to double check after i posted and i found the right one.....i knew something wasnt right....thanks for the help though man

had a similar prob om my 2k busa,intermittent light,then on all time+wdnt fire.
i had checked fuses for continuity from top without taking them out,all was ok on meter,but i actually had a dud fuse in fuel injection slot[even though meter said ok],changed for a new one+all was well.
if you havent tried it,would be worth trying?.
apparently its quite common fault over here.

(yanspeed @ Jun. 27 2007,17:02) had a similar prob om my 2k busa,intermittent light,then on all time+wdnt fire.
i had checked fuses for continuity from top without taking them out,all was ok on meter,but i actually had a dud fuse in fuel injection slot[even though meter said ok],changed for a new one+all was well.
if you havent tried it,would be worth trying?.
apparently its quite common fault over here.
Good advice I was stuck on the side of the road for 2 hours called the shop they said bring it in I read your response to the thread and it was the fuel pump fuse.Thanks you saved me a ton of cash.

Mine started to blink on the road after i start beating the crap out of it, once i turn the bike off it subsides next time i fire it up.

It only starts to blink over 140 mph for some reason - only thing i changed in the last few days is the power commander map (i am trying a few, no dyno tuning where i live).

I am about to use the paper clip to find out what error code it is - can i run the bike normally with the clip on (i will have to leave the clip on and take the bike to the road in order to have the fi light come up again).

Mine is a 06' Busa.

Can anyone tell me what this plug looks like and how to read the code? My 02 Busa is having this problem. The bike stutters and then the fi light comes on. Once i turn it off and back on again, the light is off and it may come back on or sometimes it doesn't come back on for a day or two. Help!!

Back