C23 - tip-over sensor

majed

Registered
Hey everyone! Ok, I have an 05 SE Busa with 16k miles on it. The other night I took off from a red light and burned the tire a little and shot up to the redline. I shifted into second and then third and cruised at about 45mph until the bike suddenly shut off and the F1 light flashed. While still rolling, I turned the key off, then back on and restarted the bike. It ran for about 30 seconds then died again. The will only run now after it has not been on for a while (45mins+), but it dies after about 20-30 secs.

ANYWAY, I looked around on here and learned how to do the diagnostic test with a paper clip, and the bike gave me the c23 code. Any suggestions?? What do I need to do to get my baby back on the road?? Thanks

Here is a picture of the paper clip diagnostic test:

CIMG7672.JPG

There are a lot of intelligent bike tuners here, the answer will come.

Good luck.

If I just need a new tipover sensor, does anyone know how much they cost and where i can get a cheap used one?   I don't know if that's what i need.  Just wondering.

22inches_022.jpg

thanks everyone. I found the tipover sensor. Turns out the bracket broke somehow and it was just hanging there. I have JB Weld on it now. Hopefully that fixes the problem. It definately should.

check it out

CIMG7677.JPG

(majed @ May 16 2007,19:58) thanks everyone.  I found the tipover sensor.  Turns out the bracket broke somehow and it was just hanging there.  I have JB Weld on it now.  Hopefully that fixes the problem.  It definately should.

check it out
Wow, any idea on what caused the bracket to break? Also just curious, does any one know if the sensor can be bypassed?

Wow, any idea on what caused the bracket to break? Also just curious, does any one know if the sensor can be bypassed? [/Quote]

I have no idea what broke it. There's absolutely nothing I can think of. Anyway, there IS a way to bypass it. It looks very easy. here's the link:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/gsxr_tip_over_switch.htm

I also read somewhere that hot glue works just as well.

Wow, any idea on what caused the bracket to break? Also just curious, does any one know if the sensor can be bypassed? I have no idea what broke it. There's absolutely nothing I can think of. Anyway, there IS a way to bypass it. It looks very easy. here's the link:http://www.mototuneusa.com/gsxr_tip_over_switch.htm

I also read somewhere that hot glue works just as well.[/quote]Interesting, thank you. Did your bracket repair take care of the problem?

Interesting, thank you. Did your bracket repair take care of the problem? Yes. The bracket repair took care of the problem and she's ready to go for tomorrow. Luckily it was kinda chilly today, so I didn't miss out on much riding. Now i just need to find some decent cheap tires.

CIMG4056.jpg

(LE BUSA @ May 17 2007,05:02)
(majed @ May 16 2007,19:58) thanks everyone.  I found the tipover sensor.  Turns out the bracket broke somehow and it was just hanging there.  I have JB Weld on it now.  Hopefully that fixes the problem.  It definately should.

check it out
Wow, any idea on what caused the bracket to break? Also just curious, does any one know if the sensor can be bypassed?
It is a safety item...why would you want to bypass it
rock.gif

I don't want to bypass it, but i read that some people that run on the track like to bypass it because there have been cases of the bike shutting off on the way out of corners and causing accidents and what not.

For me, as long as it doesn't leave me stranded again, I won't bypass it.

(majed @ May 17 2007,20:22) I don't want to bypass it, but i read that some people that run on the track like to bypass it because there have been cases of the bike shutting off on the way out of corners and causing accidents and what not.  

For me, as long as it doesn't leave me stranded again, I won't bypass it.
My question was for LE BUSA
wink.gif

(majed @ May 17 2007,22:05) Interesting, thank you. Did your bracket repair take care of the problem?

Yes.  The bracket repair took care of the problem and she's ready to go for tomorrow.  Luckily it was kinda chilly today, so I didn't miss out on much riding.  Now i just need to find some decent cheap tires.[/Quote]
Here's a tire deal for ya...
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cf....er2=219

wow that IS a sweet deal. I'll have to seriously consider it. Too bad they don't have the 200 size rear tire. That's what i like. Plus i had pirelli's on before and i pretty much hated them. But this is a steal!

I have just had the same **** happen to my Busa... was riding at 160 mph when she dies... while slowing down i realized the FI light blinking, i shut off the power and turn the bike on again to see it start normally, then after 20 secs it dies again - luckily i was a few meters way from my destination.

After getting the code using the paper clip bypass, i researched for the C23 code at this board and this thread was just what i needed.

It turns out my bracket broke as well, too many bumps and bad paviment down here in Brazil so this may have caused the bracket to slowly break, until it broke today - the tip-over sensor box was hanging by its connector, i can only imagine what a pain would be to just loose it on the road.

I had to disconnect it, get it positioned like original again but this time over the battery, under the seat, until i find a way to fix the bracket / get a new one if i find it easily.

Just goes to show how good and supportive this board can be - i would have spent some serious money to get the bike taken to Suzuki and god knows what these guys would come up with...

It also serves as an example of an engineering flaw on the Busa, as much as the other 99.8% if the bike is amazing, this is some nasty **** design and ****** up thing to happen - have such a weak bracket holding a sensor that is supposed to kill the bike engine depending on its position.

Cheers!

thanks everyone. I found the tipover sensor. Turns out the bracket broke somehow and it was just hanging there. I have jb weld on it now. Hopefully that fixes the problem. It definately should.

Check it out

My bracket broke as well and it too was just hanging there. My bike shut down while I upstairs. Days later, after I paid to have it towed home, and the trip to the deal was unsuccessful, I saw the TPS hanging on the right side the of rear shock. My broken bracket is identical to yours in everyway. If I didnt know any better, I would think that you came to N.Y, jacked me for mine, took the picture, then went back home.
I proped the TPS up besides the battery, wrapped the pendulum with electical tape, and kept it pushin! This is the reason I joined this site. After being pissed off at how simple the prob was I called the dealer. I asked them if there were any recalls on this defect. After receiving an unofficial no, I came back to this site where I read about some dude in brazil with the same exact problem. Although mine broke on a straight, can you imagine if I were in a turn at 140 and the bike shut off? This is our lives these people are messing with and I'm sure that suzuki knows of these faulty brackets. My life, then my dough. I feel that they tried to take both!

Last edited:
Back