hard shift for 2nd into 3rd

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
After completing some mods and having the busa laid up for about a month i got the bike on the road Saturday and Sunday for some much needed mind clearing rips up the garden state parkway in NJ it was great !

on a few occasions when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it would not go right in i would have to pull in the clutch and try again . it happened 5 times in around 140 miles of riding over the weekend.
1=it never happened last summer
2-the mods i did had nothing to do with the shifter or gears all cosmetic
3-The only thing different Is that I am now wearing alpine star boots that i got for Christmas (Early) does anyone else think that its just the fact the boots are new and not broken in and my range of motion is not what it should be yet with the stiff boots ?

has this happened to anyone else ? I guess a ride in sneakers would answer my question but since becoming a student of the board i don't even want to go around the block without full gear on lol

iamwithstupid.gif

I think you answered your own question. Leather up, then sneaker up = test ride.

Moving the shift arm might be the adjustment to compensate for the thicker boot.

Back