FUEL PUMP WILL NOT COME ON F1 LIGHT C-23 CODE

Ball Z Motorsports

Site Sponsor
Registered
The F1 light blinks??

The Fuel pump will not come on??

The diagnostics reads C-23 which is a tip switch fault or wiring problem?? I swapped tip switches still doesn't work?

I have changed out the body including the tank....installed a switchable TRE which wires into the the orange/white fuel pump relay wire.....

THE BUSA HAS 0 MILES!!!!!
sad.gif

Any ideas before I take the whole ass end off to remove the TRE and see if that is what it is??

If the tank was completely try will this cause something like this? I didn't have much gas laying around?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!

Best Regards, Josh
816-370-3334

Are you getting power to the pump or did you maybe blow a fuse? I don't know how the TRE works so I can't be much help with the wiring but it sounds like you took the power from the pump.

The fuse is good....I haven't checked for power to the pump. I am assuming it doesn't have any as it is new and doesn't come on?

You may be right about the power to the TRE.....but the splice shouldn't have taken power away from it?

Thanks for your ideas!!!

If you just tapped into the wire then no it shouldn't take the power away.  What kind of splice did you use? Did you use the kind in the pic?  If so if the wire wasn't centered up just right you may have cut it.  I've done that before.

6127b.JPG

(jwcfbd @ Sep. 19 2006,09:38) If you just tapped into the wire then no it shouldn't take the power away. What kind of splice did you use? Did you use the kind in the pic? If so if the wire wasn't centered up just right you may have cut it. I've done that before.
Yep I think you are right........I'll take it apart this weekend and let you know.

Thank you very much
biggrin.gif

(Gixx1300R @ Sep. 19 2006,11:14) Make sure you didnt install the tip over switch updaie down.
I've always thought the tip switch was just the switch that the sidestand pushed in when the stand is up...
rock.gif

You said you'd changed the tip over switch but now your saying you think its the switch at the stand.....oh dear....the tip over switch is on the underside of the fuel tank hinge bracket just to the front right of the battery with a small two wire multiplug on it. If its gone faulty their not that dear and are prone to failing for no reason. Just remove your riders seat and you'll see it or at least the grey multiplug....good luck

(Telboy2000 @ Sep. 20 2006,02:35) You said you'd changed the tip over switch but now your saying you think its the switch at the stand.....oh dear....the tip over switch is on the underside of the fuel tank hinge bracket just to the front right of the battery with a small two wire multiplug on it. If its gone faulty their not that dear and are prone to failing for no reason. Just remove your riders seat and you'll see it or at least the grey multiplug....good luck
biggrin.gif
Yep I had the tip switch confused...with the side stand switch.....it was upside down
iamwithstupid.gif

YOU HAVE MADE MY WEEK! IT IS 3 A.M. HERE AND I JUST FIRED THE BUSA UP FOR THE FIRST TIME AND ROSE THE DEAD! THIS THING SOUNDS UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I HAVE THE ARATA 480MM SHORTY CANISTER WITH A FULL SYSTEM ON IT AND HAVE JUST ORDERED A FULL LENGTH CANISTER BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS ONE......... BUT MAN DOES IT SOUND WICKED!!!

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL SYSTEMS AND THIS IS THE MEANEST SOUNDING ONE YET OVER MICRON, BROCK HINDLE, SEVERAL YOSH'S, AKROPOVIC....

WOW!!!

THANKS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!

100_3746.jpg

Nice,I got one painted almost those colors and scheme.I hope to put together soon.

(Smokin Busa @ Sep. 20 2006,04:10)
(Telboy2000 @ Sep. 20 2006,02:35) You said you'd changed the tip over switch but now your saying you think its the switch at the stand.....oh dear....the tip over switch is on the underside of the fuel tank hinge bracket just to the front right of the battery with a small two wire multiplug on it. If its gone faulty their not that dear and are prone to failing for no reason. Just remove your riders seat and you'll see it or at least the grey multiplug....good luck
biggrin.gif
 Yep I had the tip switch confused...with the side stand switch.....it was upside down  
iamwithstupid.gif

YOU HAVE MADE MY WEEK! IT IS 3 A.M. HERE AND I JUST FIRED THE BUSA UP FOR THE FIRST TIME AND ROSE THE DEAD! THIS THING SOUNDS UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I HAVE THE ARATA 480MM  SHORTY CANISTER WITH A FULL SYSTEM ON IT AND HAVE JUST ORDERED A FULL LENGTH CANISTER BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS ONE......... BUT MAN DOES IT SOUND WICKED!!!

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL SYSTEMS AND THIS IS THE MEANEST SOUNDING ONE YET OVER MICRON, BROCK HINDLE, SEVERAL YOSH'S, AKROPOVIC....

WOW!!!

THANKS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!

100_3746.jpg
Good deal Glad you got it running. Looks good
beerchug.gif

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 20 2006,08:51) Nice,I got one painted almost those colors and scheme.I hope to put together soon.
Daniel,

Either you are messing with me or we think a like? I have never seen a Busa painted similar to this......wanted to be different....if your Busa is going to be this paint scheme I guess I will have to get another set painted.....ha ha
beerchug.gif

Glad you got her going....looks wicked and that exhaust looks like it'll wake the dead. I'm still getting to know my Black/grey '00 busa and keeping things stockish for now with only a set of yoshi RS3's and a TRE. Personally i'd love to have a bike like yours but the british weather mixed with all year round use would destroy it....these bikes are awesome and really reliable but when something goes wrong it never takes 5 mins to fix which is why i keep 'old faithful'.. a bandit 1200 as back-up and for being silly on...its way easier to fix and costs buttons to run and still makes an ass out of car drivers.
HAPPY BIKING:beerchug:

Back