Neutral light in 4th gear

Truckracer

Registered
Anybody seen or heard of this? It just started doing it, after I ride for a few miles the light does not come back on in 4th gear..Driving me nuts...
Tranny shifts fine, never had any problems in the 9000 miles i've owned it.
No TRE installed.

<!--EDIT|Truckracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154350132 -->

Are you saying the green Neutral indicator comes on when you are in 4th gear?

Yes, running up thru the gears it will come on in 4th, then back off for 5th and 6th. Downshifting does the same, on in 4th, off in 3rd...

If I'm not mistaken there is a nuetral space between each gear, it sounds like you are shifting like a girl
poke.gif
and you need to do some ancle lifts!
laugh.gif

Grab it with your hand when the bike is off and pop off the gears it probably wont happen.

My .02

If I'm not mistaken there is a nuetral space between each gear, it sounds like you are shifting like a girl
poke.gif
laugh.gif

Grab it with your hand when the bike is off and pop off the gears it probably wont happen.

My .02
I've never had a problem shifting.... Even if you get the false nuetrals the light should not come on.

poke.gif
laugh.gif

My .02
Funny but true! Shift like you mean it!

...ankle lifts....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The neutral light is triggered when the Gear Position Switch sends 5V to the ECU. In 4th gear, the GPS should be sending about 3.6V. You can test the voltage with a multi meter using the Blue wire at the ECU.

I know this is an old thread, but, I still have the problem. Seems more intermittent now.

However, I know someone was modifying GPS's to eliminate the top speed restriction (boost smith maybe?). But now I cant find any info on that.

I know this is an old thread, but, I still have the problem. Seems more intermittent now.

However, I know someone was modifying GPS's to eliminate the top speed restriction (boost smith maybe?). But now I cant find any info on that.

Back