Problem with fi light

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Hokay..., I had removed the fuel tank and throttle bodies to give me room for the valve check... no adjustment needed. Put the throttle bodies back on and the tank... went to fire her up for the TB Sync, turn the key... hit the engine on switch and the fuel pump whines, just like normal, but then the FI in the LED comes on, then changes to the clock. FI light comes on and stays on. Any ideas? No codes and I don't have a code reader... I have checked all connections and put a tender on the battery, I just have no idea what is going on at this point.

I am now exhausted and am hitting the rack, but I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions anyone has.... never had the FI light on this bike before....

Thanks.....

Shawn, you might try disconnecting the battery for an ECU reset, in the course of disconnecting/reconnecting plugs, the ECU may have gotten confused.

Does the bike run all right?

Don

+1... double/triple check that every thing was connected properly back under the tank and then reset the ECU~ Unplug the PC (if one is connected) and see if that makes a diff also~
rock.gif

You have to plug the sensors back in, the map sensor, and the other sensor from the air box.!

You have to plug the sensors back in, the map sensor, and the other sensor from the air box.!
+1 when my buddy did my throt bodies he pulled the sensors out of the air box and plugged them back in... bike ran fine with no lights on while syncing

John - Have you been in my garage since last night?
smile.gif

I went out earlier this morning after a good night's sleep - and what do you think I find? First, I had not reconnected the TPS? What the &$%# was I thinking? Short answer, I wasn't. Also, it occurs to me that I hadn't removed the IAT sensor from the airbox, so that is probably why my FI light is on.... I will be going out to test that theory sometime today...
If you had posted this last night you would have saved me a lot of stress and swearing!

John, thanks for the reply and the PM - You da man!

John - Have you been in my garage since last night?
smile.gif

I went out earlier this morning after a good night's sleep - and what do you think I find?  First, I had not reconnected the TPS?  What the &$%# was I thinking?  Short answer, I wasn't.  Also, it occurs to me that I hadn't removed the IAT sensor from the airbox, so that is probably why my FI light is on....  I will be going out to test that theory sometime today...
If you had posted this last night you would have saved me a lot of stress and swearing!

John, thanks for the reply and the PM - You da man!
Glad to be of help!

Back