Wont start

RdRcr150

Registered
2000 Busa, Will start if fuel is sprayed directly into throttle bodies, quits when fuel is burned. Things checked; Fuel pump pressure, fuel regulator, cam position sensor, crank position sensor, fuel pump screen, fuel rail clear, injector filters, new plugs, valve clearance, good compression, cam timing right, new ECM, throws no codes in dealer mode, fuel in tank, good fuel pressure to fuel rail, no blown fuses, battery new, power to fuel injectors 12.2vdc, wires from injectors to ECM ok, proper voltage to injectors, Power Commander disconnected, all components in fuel injection system checked good according to service manual. I am the second tech to try and figure this one out. The first tech and I have spent a total of 8 weeks with no results. I've only beendoing this kind of work for forty five years and this thing is kicking my butt. Any ideas?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Only thing I know is check the spark cables..make sure they are in good condition, and plugs I had problems with my tiller i found out the plugs i used the gap was to big and it couldnt produce a big enough spark...other than that i am a newb

Sounds like your injectors are not being pulsed,,, Try a injector tester right at the fuel rail. If you have pulses, im stomped already! If you have no pulses at the fuel rail the ecu is bad!!

If you've got proper fuel to the rail and engine runs when fuel is added directly I would be inclined to look at the injectors themselves but according to your post they are fine. This may be rediculous but I'll throw it out there anyway. Do the injectors require grounding to operate? I know they are fired electrically so i was wondering if they use the threads on the injectors themselves to provide the grounding. May be worth checking out or at the very least the idea may be something to point and laugh at!
Being in the field for as long as you I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to tell you how to fix squat. BUT being in the repair field myself I find in cases like this I install the parts I'm "sure are working" in something else to prove myself right. Have a test busa handy?

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145504569 -->

rdrcr150-Did you ever find the problem.Mines doing the same thing, only mine stoped running while I was driving it.

I have the same year bike and mine is doing everything that you described. I have changed the fuel pump, plugs and battery. What the hell i'm ready to give up on this busa. :banghead:

Back