Fi warning light

subwoofer

Registered
Hi, I have an early model Busa with 6500 miles on it, standard apart from Remus after market exhausts on it. The FI warning light came on and FI flashes in the lcd dispaly. The bike runs fine. If I use the red engine off swicth I get "chec" in the display. I have no code reader and I am writing from Ascension Island so I am no where near any bike dealers. A friend told me that it may be caused by not changing fuel filters. Help!!

did you fine out what was the matter, i have the same problem.

can you help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Check if ur fuel gauge moves. If it does. theres 4 cables under the tank. If u lift ur tank to quick will produce those cables to come off the plug even if they look like they r fine.

The 4 cables r conected to the fuel pump base. Check every cable by ohms. They maybe look perfect insinde the plug but theres a chance they r not making contact. If thats not the problem. Check all ur spark plugs. If one of them is too wet on fuel. Theres a chance one of ur injectors is sticking open. Bad fuel will cause that problem. But go simple first. 90% of the time the problems in a busa r so simple. Let me know how u did.

i did some research for a friend who was having simmilar problems with his 2000 and i found that near the back of the bike under the rear seat there are 2 plugs, they will probably b routed out of site so you have to look for them but they may or may not have black caps on them but one will have 6 or so wires in it and the other will have 2, take a paper clip or a piece of wire and connect the 2 wires in the plug that has 2 wires, if using a paper clip make sure not to touch any metal or it will short out.. then you can start your bike and raise your rpm's just a hair and hold it there a few seconds and you should see a code.. the code should be c00 with 3 minus signs to the left of it and the center line should be black at idle, if not then you have a prob. with the tps, if you get any other code..

List of dealer mode malfunction codes that are displayed when the MSW is on

C00 none
C11 cam shaft position sensor (CMP sensor)
C12 Crankshaft position sensor (CKP sensor)
C13 Intake air pressure sensor (IAP sensor)
C14 Throttle Position sensor (TP sensor)
C15 Engine coolant temp sensor (ECT sensor)
C21 Intake air temp sensor (IAT sensor)
C22 Atmospheric pressure sensor (AP sensor)
C24 Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1)
C25 Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2)
C26 Ignition signal #3 (IG coil #3)
C27 Ignition signal #4 (IG coil #4)
C31 Gear Position signal (GP switch)
C32 Injector signal #1 (FI #1)
C33 Injector signal #2 (FI #2)
C34 Injector signal #3 (FI #3)
C35 Injector signal #4 (FI #4)
C41 Fuel pump control system (FP control system)
C42 Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal)
C92 Fuel level gauge signal (Gauge sending unit)

If there is more than one code present it will be indicated from small code number to larger code number.

as far as the "check" coming on when using the kill switch, im almost certain this is normal.. my 07 has been doing it since day one from the showroom floor and i thought something was wrong so i took it back and i was told that its just some thing the bike naturally does..

Back