Trans Prob ?

SCBusa

Registered
Hey all, need some help. Had a little spill. RearWheel locked up. (Story) Pulled out of the driveway, running bout 35-40, shifted into second and Scheeeech, Arrrrrrr, HolyCrap, Stop-Drop-and-Roll. That was it. Not sure exactly what the problem is. I havent taken anything apart yet execpt for the scraped fairings. Just wanted to ask the Experts here if any had any experiences like that and what was found to be the problem. All help is greatly appric.
1zhelp.gif
face7.gif

sounds like the chain broke and wrapped and caused the lock up. Is the rear wheel spinning freely ? Will the bike roll when in gear and clutch pulled?

if it the trans,and its still under warranty,put the plastics back on and have it towed to the shop.

RSD.

I finally got my clutch lever in and put it on so i could crank it. I pulled it out of the garage and ran it through the gears feels ok. I then drove round the house and and seems to be ok in first and second ( kinda scared to take it out on the road till its checked out.) Chain seems fine, brakes look and work good. If its one of the forks in the tranny, could it be ok sometimes then just lock-up? Also out of warrenty. Had the 1397 kit put in and also other mods. Could the extra power from the motor cause a specific prob to trans?
Again thanks for input.

Back