It wont start!!!

solway19

Registered
Come to start my bike and it wont go, it is firing but wont keep going and then it just floods to the point that fuel leaks from the exhaust joint. Any ideas???

Dont know why it would be doin that but make sure ya change yur oil cause it is probobly contaminated with fuel.

There is no fault code on the dash and the tps position indicator on the dash moves when i operate the throttle

Dont know why it would be doin that but make sure ya change yur oil cause it is probobly  contaminated with fuel.
what he said,plus,stop twisting the throttle,and only push that starter for a few seconds at a time,you could cook it.

And as usual: more info please.

last tune up/age of bike/sitting how long/etc.

Thanks alot for your help lads, changed the fuel this aft and it started right up!!
smile.gif

welcome... to the board solway.... congrats on get,n you,r bike sorted... post some pic,s man................... we luv pic,s around here....  cos we dont get out much...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138136598 -->

How old is the bike, miles on it? I just had something similar happen it ended up the battery was bad, I guess the busa can kill them pretty quickly, he told me use a battery tender to get better life from the battery. I installed the new battery and have not had a problem since. My bike only had 21,000 miles on it at the time and is a 04.

Back