Over heating ?

bailey

Registered
Is there a way to make the fan come on sooner than the hash mark, in order to keep the bike cooler.

Had similar over heating problem on my 2001 bus. Check over flow tank for white residue, if it is present clean it out by simply removing the tank and rinsing it out in the sink. Remember antifreeze is toxic so don't poor that down the sink .If you are as cheap as me you can run it through a coffee filter & reuse it. Hope that helps .

my bike gets real hot, but never goes past the halfway mark. only once have i seen it way up there, almost in the red, but i think it was a fluke, cuz my bikes guages are always a lil screwy, though the bike felt damn hot, it couldn't have been that hot

If you have a talent with electric, place a toggle to turn on when you want. just don't over do it, it will put a drain opn the system. As long as it goes down after the fan goes off you should be fine, that is how you know it is working. Bad would be no cool down.

i was in small accident i notice that my radiator fan was not working anymore and i started to red out, so i took her for a ride and the ***** started to over heat. When i got home fluid was boiling in the resrevoir HELP!!!!what sould i do

there is a mod. The honda switch mod. swap out the OE thermo switch with the honda accord thermo switch. If you do a search there was a thread I think from last month where we discussed many of the possibilites out there. In the thread i even included the auto zone part number.

i was in small accident i notice that my radiator fan was not working anymore and i started to red out, so i took her for a ride and the ***** started to over heat. When i got home fluid was boiling in the resrevoir HELP!!!!what sould i do

Nothing you can do about the past.
For the future,
1. get the fan working (check for a wire off, bent fan blade jamming the fan, or fuse etc.) and
2. if the temp ever goes near the red again - don't drive one more inch.

Hopefully nothing is damaged, and the next ride will tell you.

Welcome!

:welcome:

Last edited:
Back