CLICKING SOUND

HayabusaVerve

Registered
Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced a clicking sound coming from their exhaust cans after riding? In my last two rides, while pulling my bike into my garage, after shutting her down, I hear clicking coming from the cans. Like the pinging you would hear coming from your engine if you had used low octane gas. However, I don't believe this is fuel related. Any similiar experiences out there??

Thanks in advance.

It is caused by the metal heating up and cooling off. It is fine.

What year is your bike and are they stock cans? I think you are okay, but can't remember how my stock cans sounded.

You should hear the exhaust on a jet engine cooling, it's got a beat to it it ticks soo much.
firedevil.gif
tounge.gif

Def. nothing to worry about. Just the normal noises that the exhaust makes when cooling off. The metal is contracting.

My stock cans used to tick like that, but I downloaded a new muffler tone off the web and now they play the Brandenburg Concertos.
wink.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's the metal cooling and contracting. If it weren't for the engine noise while running, you would also hear the ticking while they were warming up.

Back