Rear Brakes

Ana_st_asia

Registered
Ok,
   Brand new '05 Busa,
 Rear Brakes grated down to the rotor, less than 10,000 miles on the bike, no crazy driving or uber-aggressive braking.
  Occasionally riding double.

1. Possible fluke in design, anyone else out there expiencing this?
   2. Possible cost for having someone do the work?... and Doing it oneself.
     3. Basic Car mechanics knowedge can replace rear brakes on 4 wheeled transportation, with Busa, I assume the rotor will need to be replaced, or is it possible to shave down?

Please reply with any info you have on this... we are on a limited budget.

This could be if you use too much rear brake.

Also, are the pads just worn or did it also mess up the rotor?

Nope, sorry, you'll have to replace the rotor.When you start to hear the "squeaking" sound, it's time to inspect the brakes and possibly replace the pads.Just watch them more carefully after you get it done this time. NJ.:)

brakes worn down to rotor, metal on metal, sound when braking,

sad.gif

Welcome to the Org, you can do this work yourself. Not to bad. Just a matter of removing some pins if your going to replace the pads. It should not take any more than a couple of hours.

is there any way to ##### to the dealership about this... i would think if this was caused by heavy braking, other things would be going wrong...

I will see what they do to help this time around, but this is not the first problem with a brand new bike, bought in JANUARY 05 And this dealership, that i will not name has not given one once of support for any of the, before this minor issues.
Idle, strange clutch noises, ....
Anyone know where to get good brakes, and possibly a new rotor... for a an awesome price??

Ebay on the rotor or a member here, then get some HH rated pads from "Street N Track" a board sponsor.:)

is there any way to ##### to the dealership about this... i would think if this was caused by heavy braking, other things would be going wrong...

I will see what they do to help this time around, but this is not the first problem with a brand new bike, bought in JANUARY 05 And this dealership, that i will not name has not given one once of support for any of the, before this minor issues.
Idle, strange clutch noises, ....
Anyone know where to get good brakes, and possibly a new rotor... for a an awesome price??
do you want a stock or aftermarket rear rotor?

Back