I hurt my boyfriend's Busa

Sarah

Registered
Here is what happened.... My boyfriend brought my first motorcycle home to me from Smithers where I was getting it fixed up. I just learned how to start off in 1st gear lastnight about 10pm. We were all out stide, I was showing my new found tallent to my parents... I went to put my bike in the garage, and my kickstand came down, but I guess it went back up... My bike took a plunge onto my boyfriend's 2005 Busa. Red and black... It took a pretty good size gash out of the paint in the fearing, and then also a scratch up a little higher. All the damage it on the right side faering (sp).I feel horrible, he hardly talked to me for the rest of the night... I can completly understand, but it was an accident. He doesn't even know that my knee os swollen where I tried to catch the thing from hitting his bike at all. I wish I could take it all back. I know that bike means the world to him. I want to fix it, I just dont know where to go, or how much $ to get... PLEASE HELP!

<!--EDIT|Sarah
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121988604 -->

Sarah, sorry to hear about this. Don't fret though, he'll get over it. Relationships are more important than material things.

as for the cost, if it is just a scratched fairing panel, you can probably get a new one for around $450.00 off of eBay. Let us know exactly what parts are damaged and we will try to help you.

Don't forget to post a picture of the damage too.

Hang in there!

Postal.

Thanks, but I really feel horrible. I hope that maybe he will see this and be able to post a picture of it. I don't have a camera and I don't know how to work this scanner he has. I think it will need a new right (passenger of a car) side faring and possibly decals depending on if I find one that is new, but doesn't have decals.

Oneida Suzuki has them 395.99 for each side panel if that is whats messed up. When I dropped my 05, this is the place I used, they ended up being cheaper than anyone else.

Relationships are more important than material things.
rock.gif

Sarah before you buy a new fairing, I would like to take a look at it, I have a Paint shop and this is what I do fix and repair bikes that have been scratched or messed up in some form or fashion. Im sure I can cut the cost alot more then buying a new fairing. Send me an email @ Creekboy@Comcast.Net.....take care and he will understand. What kinda of bike is it anyway...
cool.gif

Sarah,

Sorry to hear about that. I know it sux...

Where are you located? I know a guy who can probably fix that panel a lot cheaper than buying a new one...

He'll get over it things happen don't worry to much sounds like an easy fix Keep your head up and continue learning to ride.
wink.gif

Don't feel bad about it, accidents happen. It was not your fault. He'll forgive & hopefully forget
smile.gif

Maybe he'll give ya the Busa after he gets over being mad....

That's how I got GJoker's katana... I dropped it. He bought a busa a few weeks later and gave me the Kat. I'm not brave enough to try the same thing on the Busa.
blush.gif

He will get over it. Men are like that. See if one of these guys can help you get it fixed. Good luck!

the fall off the kickstand is a classic... Happens to all of us someday in our motorcyclist life!!

My recommendation is whenever you get the kickstand out, before letting the weight of the bike sit totally on it i tend to pull the bike backwards a bit to make sure it is all the way forward. And make sure the ground is flat so the bike wont move...

My recommendation is whenever you get the kickstand out, before letting the weight of the bike sit totally on it i tend to pull the bike backwards a bit to make sure it is all the way forward. And make sure the ground is flat so the bike wont move...
+1 on that piece of advice.

He has to realize that it was an Accident, not an "On Purpose".

Personally, if my wife scratched my fairing, after I'd made sure she hadn't hurt herself, I'd be "cool, now I can get a new paint job!"

Why dont you cook something nice for him... and maybe he will forget about it
biggrin.gif

... and if you want a fairing, you can check out http://www.bikebandit.com they have all the OE parts for the busa.

...and take care of the knee!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back