HELP! INSTALLED LED REAR PLUS FRONT LIGHTS

03BUSABOY

Registered
OK I HAVE ADDED THE LED TAIL LIGHTS THAT HAVE THE LED TURN SIGNALS BUILT IN. TYPICAL INSTAL HALF LEDS ARE YELLOW AND OTHER ARE RED. I HAVE INSTALLED THE NEW CLEAR ALTERNATIVES LEDS FRONT INDICATOR LIGHTS. I HOOKED UP EVERYTHING NOW MY FRONT LEFT TURN SIGNAL COMES ON BUT WONT FLASH. ITS GOT ME STUMPED AND IM LEAVING FOR FLORIDA IN 2 DAYS. I NEED SOME HELP QUICK ASAP THANKS
EITHER RESPOND HERE OR EMAIL ME AT BAGGEDN20SCHEVY@AOL.COM THANKS
JAMES COLIP
JC PAINT WORKS INC.

BOTH THE FRONT AND THE LEFT COMES ON BUT DOES NOT FLASH, AND THE RIGHT SIDE WORKS GREAT. BUT WHEN YOU HIT THE FLASHERS THEY ALL WORK LIKE SUPPOSED TOO!!! IM STUMPED BIG TIME!!!

James .. does the controling unit for the flashers have 2 seperate grounds? . if so ..seperate them to differant areas of the .. frame.

your turn signal line on the tail assembly are shorting together somewhere. Had the same problem a few months back, the two yellow wires rubbed through the coating where they pass through the empty socket.

OK I THINK I FOUND OUT WHAT IT IS. I FORGOT THAT ON THE NEW CLEAR ALTERNATIVES LEDS FOR THE FRONT, THEY HAVE LIKE 10 SETS OF 4 LEDS, WELL 1 OF THE 4 SETS IS OUT AND THATS WHATS CAUSING IT. I STILL NEED A QUICK FIX CUASE IM GOING TO BE IN FLORIDA FOR 22 DAYS AND NO WAY THE GUY CAN SEND THEM BY TOMORROW. PLUS HE WONT EVEN ANSWER HIS EMAILS ABOUT THE BURNT OUT LED.

hehe :p ummm wire your stocks back up? or just 1 stock? or do some soldering on the light itsself and bypass the cluster that is burnt out...

the new leds i bought for the rear are very low power. they are so low that dont draw enough power to actually trip the flasher. so i hooked the stock turn signals up in line with the new leds, and just wrapped the stock light in electrical tape. they are hardly on for long time so no heat issues yet anyways. then wire tied them out of the way so they dont rattle around. hook everything up and bam they work so it had to of been not enough power being drawn to trip the flasher!!!! thanks everyone!!
JAMES COLIP
JC PAINT WORKZ INC.

Back