Busa Cutting Out... HELP!

Slammd02R1

Registered
Hey i'm new to the board but my dads busa is cutting out, its a 99 with a full yosh and PCIII... (note is has been cutting out before power commander was installed) the PC has been properly mapped and still cuts out, it almost sounds like the motor starves for fuel... any ideas please help!!!

Check to see if he has lifted the gas tank. If so the fuel lines may have kinked when he lowered it back down. This has been a problem for a few guys here..

Welcome to the board.

well to be honsest i'm not really sure about the kinked gas lines... i haven't lifted up the tank... but the idle is set about 1k, like i said, sometimes it runs 100% and other times you can have it twisted wide open and won't go past 7-9 grand...

99's had a recall on the cam chain tensioner and fuel pump. filter would be a cheap try at fixin it... hell never hurts to replace a filter to early :p

If it was consistant and carburated I would take a look at the primary circuit in the carb. ECU?

Is outside temp a factor? Electronic equipment does strange things when they get to a certain temp.

Check the filter of the fuel pressure regulator. I had the same problem.
After cleaning it (there was a copper layer on it which clogged the filter) the engine never died again and the throttle response has improved a lot...

GOOD LUCK

Late post but here goes, I have what sound like the same problem with my 99. At 7 or 8k rpm my bike acts like it has a fuel delivery problem, cutting out, wont rev up sometimes, and very sudden action which has to be destroying my chain and spockets. I have dissasembled the fuel pump and replaced the screen and the paper element filter, just like the tech bulletin from Suzuki, (which they will do for you free if it's not been done yet, and includes a new petcock and gaskets). No help for me, my return fuel line looks pretty bad, but that should have no effect. I have decided that it probably is an electrical failure of some type and I have no idea what to look for. I had a PC2 installed and got rid of it some time ago because of loosing my signal to the tachometer, (months prior to my new problem). I am suspect of the ecm and maybe the tps but don't know how to check for an intermittant problem that only occures at heavy load and high rpm. This is the biggest pain in the ass! If any of you guys have fixed this sort of problem please advise.

Looks like I'm having a very similar problem with my '03. I'd take it to the dealer, but don't really know who I'd trust in my area. I looked for the obvious problems with no luck. I'm thinking TPS or ECM, but have no way to test it. Very frustrating.
It feels weak at moderate throttle, even surges a bit at highway speeds when you roll into it in sixth. Hard acceleration in first or second causes it to flat out fall on it face abruptly around 7 grand, as if you turned the key off.. This can be duplicated free revving it in neutral. I'm not sure what to think.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131579141 -->

check your plugs and gas if it has sat.you may also have a bad pump or fuel filter.trash may be clogging your injectors

OK,

I had the same problems in my 2000 hayabusa and after many frequent visits to my mechanic we found the solution!!

The first thing to check are the ignition sparks. An experienced technician can tell from there if the bike is reach or poor on fuel.

My bike was poor on fuel and this was causing the cut offs.

We have cleaned and changed all fuel filters from fuel pump and fuel regulator and although in really bad condition this did not solve the problem.

We have increased idle, tuned TPS, checked the stand and everything possible but again we did not solve the problem - bike was cutting off big time.

We have installed a power commander in order to make the fuel reacher (due to open exhaust cans and air filters) but again bike was still cutting out!!!

I was really starting to get disapointed at this point and thinking of selling my beloved bike but then...

We changed both fuel hoses (the primary and the return one) and BINGO!!!!!!

Bike stopped cutting out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that fuel hoses after some years take a bad shape that blocks fuel making the bike to starv and cut out.

I think the ones I got from Suzuki are tougher and wider (kind of an improvement)

My Busa now runs faster than ever !!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

One last thing,

(It was mentioned by my mechanic on the last visit)

If everything else fails, check each pipe of the spark plugs to see if it produces the correct voltage.

If it doesn't replace the pipe(s) with a new one and problem will be solved!!

Hope that helps.:)

Back