electrical reset?

badassbusa03

I have a busa and might start modding it
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys. i have an 03 busa with around 7500 miles. every so often it seems my electrical system resets. my tach and speed-o needles will peg out at max, and my clock resets. trip meter and odometer are unchanged. i have checked my battery connections and they are clean and tight. i keep a battery tender on it, so the battery doesnt weaken or die. it only seems to do it while its running tho. any ideas as to whay this happens?

badassbusa03

Can't help you out here Badass , my 02 busa used to do the exact same thing , I never got to the bottom of it , just learned to live with it. Never got any worse or caused any other problems.. Weird

Had the same thing happen. It happened during starting the engine. The starter loaded the battery severly. It would reset the clock it became somewhat annoying.
Replaced the Battery related to another problem (Starter Clutch). Since battery replacement the resets haven't occured.
So if A=B and B=C one could say A=C. It's the Battery, need a new one. I also charged the battery externaly and it still did it.
There's a heavier duty battery can use on the Busa then OEM replacement. Can't recall the model number.

Had the same thing happen. It happened during starting the engine. The starter loaded the battery severly. It would reset the clock it became somewhat annoying.
Replaced the Battery related to another problem (Starter Clutch). Since battery replacement the resets haven't occured.
So if A=B and B=C one could say A=C. It's the Battery, need a new one. I also charged the battery externaly and it still did it.
There's a heavier duty battery can use on the Busa then OEM replacement. Can't recall the model number.
YTZ14S

thanks for the input guys, mine will do it even while im riding down the road. yes it is very annoying. especially when it gets to a point of having to reset the clock daily, even multiple times a day.

wierd... my 03 has 16k on it w/out any issues.

Must be the secret enhancements in the Anni LE
wow.gif

thanks for the input guys, mine will do it even while im riding down the road. yes it is very annoying. especially when it gets to a point of having to reset the clock daily, even multiple times a day.
possible bad ground by guages , in dash some where ? just a guess any mods up front ? hid? blue guages ? have you or anyone had the dash apart ?

Back