Is this normal

Toyz

Registered
I'm just noticing this, may have always done this but it just feels different.

I've been noticing a little shake in the handle bars at speeds around 45 and up. I can set my cruise control and let go of the handle bars and you can see them moving...not much just a very little. I put my hand down on the upper section of the forks and I don't feel any movement. This happens on smooth or ruff roads. 2005 hayabusa

Check your tire pressure up front. You may have cupped your front tire from improper air pressure also.

Could be loose head bearings, but I would bet on the the front tire cupping. Take a good close look at the tread & you will probably see where it is starting to cup.
cool.gif

uneven wear off the tread. run your hand along the tread, but you should be able to see it too.
Thanks..I found this too..I'll check it out

Cupping, which is more accurately described as scalloping, is a natural wear pattern on motorcycle tires and it will always follow the tread pattern. It is not a sign that you have bad suspension parts. It merely shows that your tire is indeed gripping the road when you make turns (thank you for that Mr. Tire!). This scalloping develops within the side wear bands of a leaned motorcycle. The extreme forces that come in to play when the bike is leaned in a turn are what produce the effect and when the wear becomes sufficient, one will experience vibration and noise when one banks into a turn.

or it could just be the "speed wobbles" that happen under roll off w/ no hands. Do you have a throttle lock? If so try locking it at various speeds and let go of the grips... Does it happen?

or it could just be the "speed wobbles" that happen under roll off w/ no hands.  Do you have a throttle lock?  If so try locking it at various speeds and let go of the grips...  Does it happen?
I can set my cruise control and let go of the handle bars and you can see them moving...not much just a very little.

Yes the cruise is a throttle lock

It does appear to be worn in the front...not quite to the white marks but it's real close. I don't feel any cupping but the center feels very slick vs the sides. The rear is about the same on wear just not slick in the center like the front.

I've been noticing a little shake in the handle bars at speeds around 45 and up.  I can set my cruise control and let go of the handle bars and you can see them moving...not much just a very little. I put my hand down on the upper section of the forks and I don't feel any movement.  This happens on smooth or ruff roads.  2005 hayabusa
cruise control...
rock.gif
i did not get that option?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

I've been noticing a little shake in the handle bars at speeds around 45 and up.  I can set my cruise control and let go of the handle bars and you can see them moving...not much just a very little. I put my hand down on the upper section of the forks and I don't feel any movement.  This happens on smooth or ruff roads.  2005 hayabusa
cruise control...
rock.gif
  i did not get that option?
rock.gif
?
Neither did I until I installed the throttlemeister. http://www.throttlemeister.com/tm.html

Several of us use this...real wrist saver on long trips.

rock.gif

Cool, A friend of mine haqd the same problem ,When he decelerated the bike would go into a serious head wobble. He changed the rotors on the bike because the tires only had about a 1000 miles on them. He was ready to change the head bearings and I told him to check the tires sure enough changed the tires solved the problem.

yup.. 3500 miles is more than enough to get a mild head shake like your describing thru tire wear alone..

especially if your railing it in the twisites.

I had these on my 04 GSXR600 and still can't believe the difference in cornering...feels so much better.

Back