mph tspeedo prob?

Ok today I took a ride a I noticed that my speedo needle was jumping around within a 3-5 mph "wiggle" if you will, so I decided to go back to my garage and as I quickly accelerated from around 20mph to 60mph then left off the gas, right around 15mph I heard a high pitch "sqeeling", then the speedo dropped to about 4mph then once the squeeling stopped its jumped back up to the speed i was going and then continued to wobble within the above variation.

It did this one other time before i got my garage. Recently I just installed a new front a rear sprocket, could this have anything to do with it and what do you think the prob is and how can i fix it?

thks

Could it be your front sprocket being loose or something???

crazy.gif

watch out! sounds like the speed sensor coming loose. If it comes off, you will be buying a side case too....plus some other stuff. Better pull it back down and check it out. Make sure ya use loctite (red) and torque it to specs....

HAHA....i found the prob, That damn allen bolt that holds the "speed sensor nut" to the shaft was loose and the sqeeling noise was just the washer on that nuts vibrating against the case, which did not hurt a thing. So today I am going to put red loctite on the allen bolt and torque it down to spec, and also check the sprocket nut to make sure it is also torqued to spec.:;):

Back