Fork seals leaking at 600 miles

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
Absolutely no wheelies.  I know that is your 1st question!!!  I have owned my Busa for a month now.  It has 900 miles on it and about 300 miles ago I noticed that the RT fork seal was leaking a lot.  I thought no problem......warranty, right!  Wrong!  Dealership says, Suzuki may not cover repair.  I was pretty pissed.  I have always been a hardcore Suzuki fan but this just doesn't seem right.  I will find out on Tuesday if Suzuki will warranty the repair.  If not I will foot the bill.  I will at least write a letter to Suzuki.....who knows if that will help?  
Has anyone else had fork seal problems on new Busa's?

Mention the Magnuson Moss warrany act to them and they cannot just say "oops sorry, not gonna cover it". If they think you abused it they must prove it, not guess. Warranty is a warranty and don't let them think otherwise.
smile.gif

Ask for the dealership manager, if he will not deal with it....ask for the owner....that is BS that they won't fix it....These bikes come with a full coverage warranty....Just trying to make some money on ya....Just be persistent and even say you may take it to another dealership....Good luck!!!

It's always an eye opener after you buy a vehicle......rarely do you see GREAT service departments.

how'd you know what we was thinkin'?? You wheelie monster you.. haha

tough luck,, I'd be pretty po'ed also.

Don't listen to their bullsh*t Dawg , thats warranty . If they won't cough up tell 'em you'll run their name into the gutter and go else where . Its not a hugh job , do a search , there is a recent post on changing seals . Best of luck...

Absolutely no wheelies.  I know that is your 1st question!!!  I have owned my Busa for a month now.  It has 900 miles on it and about 300 miles ago I noticed that the RT fork seal was leaking a lot.  I thought no problem......warranty, right!  Wrong!  Dealership says, Suzuki may not cover repair.  I was pretty pissed.  I have always been a hardcore Suzuki fan but this just doesn't seem right.  I will find out on Tuesday if Suzuki will warranty the repair.  If not I will foot the bill.  I will at least write a letter to Suzuki.....who knows if that will help?  
Has anyone else had fork seal problems on new Busa's?
Try to go there when they are real busy, if you make enough "noise" they will honor their warranty especially if you embarrass them.

My fork seal went on one side at about 200 miles.Covered it under warranty, but they did say at one point before doing they may not do it until I said WTF?
rock.gif
???

I had one go bad at about 3000 miles. I was out of warrantee though so when I went in I told the service manager I thought it was still crap and that I had owned a 91 GSXR750 for 13 years prior to the busa and had never replaced a seal. He gave me a half price deal on the labor so I was happy it being beyond the warantee and all.

I had one go bad at about 3000 miles. I was out of warrantee though so when I went in I told the service manager I thought it was still crap and that I had owned a 91 GSXR750 for 13 years prior to the busa and had never replaced a seal. He gave me a half price deal on the labor so I was happy it being beyond the warantee and all.
It all really depends on the service manager. If you can get him in your pocket, then you're golden. If not, you're screwed.

It all really depends on the service manager.  If you can get him in your pocket, then you're golden.  If not, you're screwed.
That and how you impress your position on the service manager. I spoke with him on the phone before taking it in and he basically said sorry, not his problem. But I hit him with it again in person and he began to see the light.
biggrin.gif

My left seal blew around 200 mile on the second day I owned the 03 and my local dealer told me the same thing, so I called Suzuki customer service and reported it to them. After that I took her back to my selling dealer which was 30 miles away and they took care of it on the spot . Now after almost 8000 miles the left is leaking again but my selling dealer gave me an extra seal so I got it covered and will repair it at our shop next week .
biggrin.gif

I had a similar fork seal problem.

Got it fixed under warranty, 2 weeks later they were leaking again.

Got it fixed under warranty, 2 months later they were leaking again.

No doubt I could have had it fixed under warranty yet again by the same incompetant local suzi dealer

Instead i got a real mechanic to fix it, cost me but not a huge amount.

Oddly enough when i looked at the seals he had removed the left one was clearly a different part than the right one. wtf?

I suspect the dealer was merely replacing the dust seals and hoping i would go away. Which I did, after letting the local bike community know of his skillz.

Needless to say business is not booming for that shop.

moX

I had a similar fork seal problem.

Got it fixed under warranty, 2 weeks later they were leaking again.

Got it fixed under warranty, 2 months later they were leaking again.

No doubt I could have had it fixed under warranty yet again by the same incompetant local suzi dealer

Instead i got a real mechanic to fix it, cost me but not a huge amount.

Oddly enough when i looked at the seals he had removed the left one was clearly a different part than the right one. wtf?

I suspect the dealer was merely replacing the dust seals and hoping i would go away. Which I did, after letting the local bike community know of his skillz.

Needless to say business is not booming for that shop.

moX
Thats terrible...replacing dust seals does nothing if you have a leak.........even I know that!

Back