Rough throttle response off idle

Tetge

Registered
Ever since I put the Yosh carbon fiber bolt on's on my '05 it has been fuzzy right off idle.  It only has 540 miles on it and it is idling a bit slow, so I thought that I would take it in for the 600 mile service and maybe ask for the idle to be moved up to 1200 RPM or so.  I was told that the bolt on's would require no re-mapping as they really only added bling and noise.  But, the bike needed some noise and I could not resist the bling (pics already posted elsewhere on the board).  Is the fuzzy condition right off idle normal for bolt on cans and is there any easy fix?
I took the bike to the strip tonight and the bike bogged a couple of times due perhaps to the fuzzy condition but, most likely due to my lack of experience.  The track was LACR in Palmdale CA at 2710' elevation and the DA was 5150'.  I was impressed with the way the bike ran on my first time out. I was #133 and this was the last and best of my three runs. I ran a 11.148 @ 128.914 off of a 2.004 60' time to back it up.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120939356 -->

sized.jpg

make sure your idle is at 1300 and double check the TPS ) I set all the ones I do to go to the high mark at 1600-1700 RPMs)

don't use the tool the book says just use a paperclip. and snych the bobies while you are at it before you set the TPS. I use a uni-synch because the non Ca bikes don't have enough vacuum ports to use the sticks

don't use the tool the book says just use a paperclip. and snych the bobies while you are at it before you set the TPS. I use a uni-synch because the non Ca bikes don't have enough vacuum ports to use the sticks
I have twin mercury sticks for my MotoGuzzi and a set of Honda Line guages (4)  but, I did not see anything on the TPS in the Suzuki shop manual other than something about putting the display in the dealer mode.  All this tuning reminds me of the 302 FI Mustangs I have owned in the past.  I am taking the bike to the dealer for a service so I will set the idle today and then I will check their work when it comes back to see if they actually did the stuff they say they will.  I am only taking it in for the 600 mile for possible early warranty issues.  
My bike is a California bike of course.
I searched some and found the info on using the paper clip to jump to the dealer mode function and now I am good to go I guess.
Thanks again

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120969024 -->

the 600 mile service for the Cali bikes get a throttle body synch and TPS adjustment , Thanks to C.A.R.B.
Yes the dealership told me all the stuff they do at the 600m service but I intend to check their work anyway. It will be good practice for me, and, it can't hurt. I do my own work on my '03 Cobra since I do not trust dealers, but, you never can tell about early failures and warranty work.
I have been way down the mod trail over the years, so, I am leaning toward leaving the Busa the way it is. It sure is a nice relaxed ride with the stock gears and I live out in the Mojave desert where you have to drive 15 miles to get to the store. But, we shall see, since I am a hardcore drag racer. Out here, we can run up to .5 second faster at tracks like Famoso in Bakersfield and California Dragway in Fontana that we can at LACR. So the Busa should run some good 10's after I learn to ride it, just as it sits.

the 600 mile service for the Cali bikes get a throttle body synch and TPS adjustment , Thanks to C.A.R.B.
Yes the dealership told me all the stuff they do at the 600m service but I intend to check their work anyway.  It will be good practice for me, and, it can't hurt.  I do my own work on my '03 Cobra since I do not trust dealers, but, you never can tell about early failures and warranty work.  
I have been way down the mod trail over the years, so, I am leaning toward leaving the Busa the way it is.  It sure is a nice relaxed ride with the stock gears and I live out in the Mojave desert where you have to drive 15 miles to get to the store.  But, we shall see, since I am a hardcore drag racer. Out here, we can run up to .5 second faster at tracks like Famoso in Bakersfield and California Dragway in Fontana that we can at LACR.  So the Busa should run some good 10's after I learn to ride it, just as it sits.
I always ran faster at bakersfeild even if another track was lower sealevel, i think that track is downhill.

JC i sync'd my Tb's the other day, from the research i found that i use the vacume lines off #1 and #4 then plug them and then remove the caps from #2 and #3 to get all 4 lines connected on my mecury sticks
is this not right? my idle is much smoother now (it was going up and down quite abit) and its smoother cruiseing at small throttle positions

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121053666 -->

Back