BUSA PROBLEM oil light coming on

da busa guy

Registered
hello all mighty busa peoples, just bought an 05 (well you know what kind of bike) anyways ,run 30 miles down the interstate went 2 miles in traffic, stopped,stopped the engine to adjust clutch lever got back on road and oil light lightly come on, stopped again checked oil level it was about halfway between L and F, got back on road same thing went about a tenth of a mile light went out and never come back on the 3 mile trip home. any ideas      i only have 110 miles on bike. i also noticed this bike is a  just little quicker than my old 1200 sportster LOL  thanks in advance

<!--EDIT|da busa guy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120407507 -->

laugh.gif

Check your idle. The oil light will sometimes flicker on/off if your RPMs drop below 1000.

Welcome to the board. Check the obvious then take it back to the dealer. Oil level and idle speed like CCbusa said. Hopefully that's it and something worse.

Definately take it to the dealership and let them check it out for you for free. Welcome aboard.

i read some of your post about dealer service and it scared the hell out of me(the dealer here is probably ok as the mechanic owns and drag races a busa,turboed now and 270 hp at the wheel as of this week,he was running in the 5s (!/8 mile)) before the turbo). hopefully it is just sensitive to oil level,topped it off,will ride today and see. i work as a tech at a car dealership(lincoln-mercury) so i know a little about how service work goes on. anyways thanks for the replies.PS still can't get over it being faster than the 03 1200 sportster, i mean i jetted the carb,screamin eagle air filter, and and knocked out the exhaust, man that thing would do 115 mph.

WOW! I'm impressed, seriously! I had no idea a 'Hardly Ableson' would do 115MPH! Whew!!
smile.gif

I had this problem brand new driving home from the dealership, they replaced the oil sensor did not fix, the thing that finally fixed it was about 3 oil changes within 4oo km and it never came back.???

well yesterday after adding a 1/2 quart of oil,putting it right at the f mark ,actually just a blondes brain size over the full mark. rode 135 miles did not come back on.:) so hopefully that was it. love the bike,very comfortable,exwife take all your money fast, and very stable. my Blonde exwife has an IQ of less than 50 but she did take everything i had plus got child support amd alimony,not sure what that says about me??? thank you for all your input guys

the light has nothing to do with level only pressure. infact you can have 2 qts of oil in a running busa and have no light on. the light only comes on when the pressure drops below 7psi way too low for a plain bearing motor

Back