Ticking after Yosh full system install + PAIR

Furball

Registered
Well it has been about a week since the install was complete....Put on a full Yosh system and the pair blockoffs....at first the bike was ticking loud at idle and when in low rpm and accelerating....then I changed all the gaskets on the blockoff plates and it became more quiet, but I still hear a slight tick at idle and when pulling out....almost like an exhaust leak, but not entirely sure....I am pretty sure the header is leak free, but not positive...and the gaskets for the blockoffs are all new and fine....Any ideas what I may be hearing...

May just let it go till I feel like pulling the plastic and dropping the header down a bit and then re-mounting it....checking the exhaust gaskets of course...but I wonder if this is a normal sound that I may have missed b4....thanks

The tick you are hearing is a good indication of an exhaust leak. Did you change the header gaskets? if so it is still possible that the pipe shifted and deformed the gasket when you installed it. If you didn't change them it is an even bigger chance the new pipes didn't line up exactly where the original pipes did.

I did not change the header gaskets....and I kind of feared this was the issue....guess I better go orer a set and set aside an afternoon to get this done....thanks....

Back