Blinkers blink too fast!

ram4whldr

Registered
I installed my new undertail and the led blinkers make my blinkers blink too fast. I did a search for this problem and couldn't find anything. What is the easiest and best way to fix this problem?

sounds like the LEDs dont have load equalizers installed in the wiring. Typically, you need 3-ohm resistors if you're just running LEDs in the rear. (6-ohm if you're running front and rear LED turn sigs)

You may be able to find more answers here.

Are you sure the turn signals are working? If they are not connected or if one is out (blown), they (or it) will blink faster than normal.

IF you installed load equalizers with the LED integrated tail/turn signals. Make sure you wired them up correctly. My Clear Alternatives integrated equalizers were wired one side has 2 wires. One to each turn signal wire. The single wire on the other side of the equalizer goes to ground. Threw me off at first but it works correctly.
If you have not installed the load equalizer do what JohnnyCheese said!

With LED's they will blink faster and cause your front to blink faster too, you need to install a resistor in the blinker line. They get hot so make sure they are located in a place which gets air flow or you may melt or burn something up.

I have the same issue when I put Leds on my bike, the turn signals go alot faster....I guess it all depends, it appears at night your noticed more..but I may put the pepboys idea into play.

Back