This Is BULLSH!T!!!!!

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Just when I think I've got everything licked on my Busa... it shoots me another banana in the tailpipe... After my starter issues last year, I went with the bigger idler gear to help solve the problem. It worked great for a while, but now another monster has reared its ugly head.

HERE's THE DILEMMA:

If anyone has upgraded to the beefier starter gear, there is one modification that has to be made to the starter/idler cover in order for the cover to fit properly. Inside the idler cover there is a slot where the shaft for the idler gear sits in place. It has to be shimmed back in order for the cover to close and seat properly. The slot can be shimmed back by using the cutting wheel on a Dremel. More than 1/8th of an inch needs to be shimmed in order for a proper fit. The problem I keep running into is that the slot that has been shimmed keeps breaking off... therefore keeps me having to replace the starter/idler cover. This is the second cover I've gone through in the last 6 to 8 months, and I'm getting really pissed about it. At the last modification, I inserted an extra stainless steel washer to help, but this failed also. HELP me please... Hopefully Johnnycheese reads this as I'm sure he knows exactly what I'm talking about without having to give more details.

Back