Engine noise

cjaj_70

Registered
There is a differant sound coming from the left side of my motor when the bike is running in neutral with the clutch disengaged. Is this normal?

<!--EDIT|cjaj_70
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119596255 -->

Yep , when you pull in the clutch it'll get quieter , it's normal ,

I hear that as well, and was told the same thing....Is it just clutch plate chatter?
rock.gif
???

If you're looking for chatter , you've come to the right place .

I asked the same question in here 2 years ago and the answer was just the same and they were right. It is a noisy Clutch and its not a Quiet engine either. But I have now done 9000 miles and it still sounds the same as when I first had it. So dont Worry.

Yea, same here. I'm getting what sounds like a rattle at idle that seems to disappear at about 1500rpms and higher. Yesterday it took a little longer to start depending on how long it sat. I pulled up into the driveway, stopped the engine, got my backpack and was not able to start it on the first try.

I'm curious as to the effects of the weather and octane and whether it's making it idle a little rougher.

It was 97 yesterday and I've been using 85 and 87 octane mostly from the same station over the past couple of months.

I took it in about 3 weeks ago (after finding a better deal) for a throttle sync check and shim check, in part because of the mileage but also because it was sounding rougher. The dealer said it was all in spec though.

I put in a Muzzy fan and replaced the coolant with Engine Ice last weekend. The bike's been riding just a bit cooler since then so I'm pleased with that change.

I'm getting ready to go on a ride of the Pacific Northwest (cash flow prevents the planned trip to Alaska, unfortunately) and really don't want to break down anywhere
smile.gif

Thanks for any thoughts.

Carl

Edit: Oh yea, 22299 miles.

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121073777 -->

Back