having more issues

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
I kept reading all these posts about how there speedo is not working.....Well it has happened to me now except mine is working too good.

Went riding last night with a buddy on his 05 1k, lost my cell phone in one of the 170mph runs somehwere between Carbondale and Marion...sucks

Everything was fine with the speddo last night. Got out this morning started it up to proceed with my warmup procedure. Took off to go to work, got going and the speedo kept jumpin up and down...What does everyone think this one is...

I have the speedohealer on it too. Could that be it maybe??

Mine has done this since day one (3 week old busa), but only hops occasionally and only at speeds below 45 MPH. Took it in to the shop, they checked everything from electrical connections to loose (backing out) sprocket bolts/nuts, everything was OK. They even replaced the speed sensor, but to no avail, still does it. The tech said if I wanted, they could tear into the instrument cluster to further investigate, but I have chosen not to have that done, they'd screw something up, for sure. I can live with it since I now know it isn't something that can cause damage or worse yet, leave me stranded somewhere. Seems to almost go away when the engine is up to operating temperature and I have been on the road for a while!?

Well mine basically does it from a standing go to 60-70. but mine isn't just bouncing a little. The whole time it is bouncing throughout the speedo but mostly above 100...Could my speedohealer be screwed or maybe reset itself....I look at it tonight

Back