Adjustments

AertepT

Registered
Does anyone know the easiest way to adjust the headlight?? I looked at taking the underside off of the nose, but it looked like I need a special tool to get those plastic rivets off of it. I also need to know the easiest way to adjust my idle. I'm around 1000 and it dips below every now and then. The only thing is that it doesn't die where it's idling now. I know it needs to be a little higher because it sounds terrible at idle.

those little plastic do hickies are simple..

take a pen/small pointy object and push the middle part of them in.. it'll click further in.. then just pull the whole thing out..

to replace them take the pointy thing in the middle out... put the round clip looking thing back in the hole.. and pop the pointy thing back in.. simple really.. nifty little things.. be careful. they charge like $1.54 for them.. I just bought about 20 cuz I lose atleast 1 everytime I do something to it that involves removing any plastic.

mine idles along at 1,000 rpms perfectly... very rarely ever dips below that assuming it's been runnin for 30 seconds or so.

Pull the seat, lift the tank and there is an idle adjustmen know near the throttle bodies. Make sure the bike is warm then start it and turn the knob till you hit 1150 to 1250 rpm.

Pull the seat, lift the tank and there is an idle adjustmen know near the throttle bodies. Make sure the bike is warm then start it and turn the knob till you hit 1150 to 1250 rpm.
What einstein said..
idea3.gif

Back