wobble

gompa

Registered
hello i am a new owner of a 05 busa, the trouble i have been having is.
when i get a hard cross wind, i get a front end wobble that all most take me to the pavment, most of the time by powering up, i can get out of it. but it is a ride that i dont care of.
is it somthing that i am doing wrong. i have rode all different kindas of bike. but never experence this wobble before
wow.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

Check your steering damper and front tire pressure. Also check your suspension settings to make sure they are the same for both forks etc.

As it's a new bike I'm assuming you don't have worn wheel/steering bearings, fork sliders etc.

Take it back to the dealer if you can't figure it out.

The 'Busa is usually pretty stable in cross winds due to weight/aerodynamics.

We get some pretty blustery days in Colorado, and I've been able to ride hard in crosswinds when my friends on other bikes have had to back off (on Gixxer 750s and 1000s.)

Welcome to the board.
smile.gif

Welcome to the board. I would check your air pressure in BOTH tires....if thats not it....its a new bike and you should take it to the dealer.

I would take it to the dealer for sure. I have ridden in hard enough cross winds that I was leaned way over to stay in my lane and never had any sort of a wobble.

I had the same problem with my busa for the first 1500 miles or so. In traffic with trucks around the bike was dancing all over the lane. My last bike was naked and sitting was upright. Pay attention to how much weight you have on your hands. Turns out I was transferring the buffeting on upper body to the bars.

I'll chime in here and vote for the "low tire pressure" as being the problem. If not, most assuredly take it back to the dealer!! Oh, and welcome to the board. If you're ever "up north", look me up!
smile.gif

I too have a new O5 and was having the same issues. I checked all of my suspension settings since they were out af adjustment from the dealer. I also changed the iol in the damper to 90 wt oil and that helped immensely. I haven't had the problem since.

Yup...thats a real Hayabusa...don't listen to them...they all do this...get a litre bike, they're much more stable! Mine drives me crazy, especially after I get off my ZX10R and on the Busa!

Back