a little help please

ssvincels1

Registered
when i went to change the sprocket on my 05 busa, the piece that pushes the rod going into the tranny fell out and some fluid spilled out with it .
well i put the part back in and tried bleeding the line but the clutch handle never stiffened back up so now i have no clutch, any suggestions?
the piece that fell out was metal and it had a rubber seal on it. i have everything togather just no clutch.

thanks

I did the exact same thing!!! Ended up having the dealer trailor it back to the shop for me. Had them bleed and install fresh Dot 4 clutch fluid, everything OK now. If you're like me in this case and don't know how to bleed brakes or clutch, don't mess with it, take it back to the dealer.

What they ^ said!
smile.gif

bleed ..bleed .. n try tapping the clutchmastercyl ( brings bubbles up )..while ..bleeding .. n cussing ..( refill) bleed ..bleed .. ( sencing pattern here ) ..:;):

bleed ..bleed .. n try tapping the   clutchmastercyl ( brings bubbles up )..while ..bleeding .. n cussing ..( refill) bleed ..bleed .. ( sencing pattern here ) ..:;):
haven't looked but assume that there is a bleed zurt down on the slave cylinder?
what is easier is to empty the master cylinder. get a squirt bottle and a hose that goes on the squirt bottle. put the hose on the zurt and open and SLOWLY squeeze the fluid UP into the master cylinder till full, close zurt and done.
OOORRRRRRR use a mityvac, still better with that to go from the low to the high forcing the air bubbles UP and not trying to pump that air out thru the zurt which is the lowest part of the system, the air wnat to rise.
also have heard that to loosen the cap on the master, and SLOWLY pull in clutch handle and secure with a tie wrap or something and leave overnight. maybe tap on your line a time or 2.
later
Michael

Back