Full system and PAIR blockoffs installed...problem

Furball

Registered
Well I did the full system and the pair valve removal at the same time and I think I may have an exhaust leak, and I am about 90% sure it is in the PAIR blockoff plates....

When I removed the pair tubes some of the gaskets were a littl damaged and one was torn in half....I tried sealing one with high temp silicone and used the others again....anyway when reving or pulling out there is a ticking type sound coming from around the header area....does that sound like a leak...Just ordered new PAIR gaskets from Suzuki....hope this fixes the problem...but has anyone else had the same issues with their BUSA....

I wonder if the blockoffs can be changed without the radiator fan and radiator mount removal....and can I reach them from just one side of the bike?
rock.gif

i doubt you can reach them without removing both fairings.. maybe able to get by without removing the fan though.. good luck.

Easiest way to know if it is leaking, pull the fairings off get your handy-dandy flashlight out. look around the pair valves....if it is leaking you will see some carbon buildup on the aluminum. You might wanna go ahead and tighten thm aliitle and it should take care of it.

my .02

I say it sounds more like the header is leaking at the head, same solution retighten them.. If it don't work then replacing old gaskets with knew copper gaskets are in order..

When I did the PAIR valve removal/block and installed my exhaust it sounded fine, no leaks/ticking. I took it out for a ride and before I got back to my house it was ticking like made. I didn't replace the header gaskets and thought for sure this is what I was going to have to do. Me being the bullheaded guy I am decided to try and just re-tighten the header bolts. Sure as #### there were a few loose ones. After re-tightening them I've put on 12,000 miles and have 0 problems.

Give that a shot before you tear it apart again, it's free.

Back