running rich

riironman

Donating Member
Registered
i threw on new yoshi bolt-ons and i noticed that the bike is running rich. also when idleing and i just quickly throttle it ...and it feels like it stumbles a sec. do i need to put a marble in the pair valve or block it off ? I thought when i threw the new bolt-ons that the factory pc would compensate. oh yeah its a 2004 .

sad.gif

no answer:angry:
You need to do the PAIR mod and that will help smooth it out a bit... If anything, it should be running lean after the mod, not rich... You probably could use a little more gas with your extra flow... A PC would help in the power area a bit...

You can buy the PAIR block-off plates from schnitz. They are only $40 for the kit and it really makes changing the oil easier as well after you get rid of pair and all those hoses...

You technically don't have to remove the PAIR to eliviate it as a problem. I beleive all you needed to do was plug the hose going from the airbox to the PAIR, but I can't remember for sure... Anyone else?

What is your bike idling at... It should be idling at about 1200 or so... If it is a little low, it will definetly act a little funny in idle and while shifting to second. I used blue loctite on hte idle screw to cure that problem... ;)

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118119461 -->

its ildling fine...i had that idle problem b4 but solved it. so i will try the marble trick on the pair..hopefully it works. i guess a pc is my next mod....i did all the cosmetics mods...so here comes the speed mods

You should have went with the full system instead of the slip-ons if you ask me... ;)
ah whats it matter really? 2 hp gain with slip-ons...maybe 5 with a full system, assuming of course you have a good tech write a good map, or else you can lose HP. I watched K&N's reduce HP.

you want bang for the same buck...toss in some cams,and get 10 or 20 extra horse.

pipes and full systems look cool ...but...

i threw on new yoshi bolt-ons and i noticed that the bike is running rich. also when idleing and i just quickly throttle it ...and it feels like it stumbles a sec.  do i need to put a marble in the pair valve or block it off ? I thought when i threw the new bolt-ons that the factory pc would compensate.   oh yeah  its a 2004 .
Bolt ons shouldn't effect the bike in the manor you've described.... That's why they call them bolt ons. Is there any mod you've done to your bike that you might have forgotten to mention?

I did the Yosh slip on's as well, and overall while the sound is good, it does seem a little lacking for what I would consider performance at lower horses. I even have received an occational backfire on a quick throttle off. Also, my mileage (he he he --- on hard throttle as if there were any other position) is quite a bit lower. I am considering doing the pair mod.

as a second note, I bought the slip ons assuming that I wouldn't have to buy a PC, but that looks like a bad decision overall.

.... Yep having the same problem, all of the above. I had it on the dyno and i was told that the air & fuel ratio was good and and if wasn't for all the sutt build-up at the end of the pipes he wouldn't have belived me about all the same problems u guys just mention

1300.JPG

As the folks that were riding behind me during the Busa Bash III, with slip-ons installed and no pair valve modification, there is alot of backfiring, but I did put on D & D's. I had my local shop change the program in the the bikes computer and it helped alot at the lower RPM's with the jerking and the what seemed like loss of power. It worked ok. I finally did do the pair valve modification, the cheap one with the marble and my busa did not backfire anymore, but it also got alot quieter. During the Spring Harley rally at Myrtle Beach, it was just to quiet, so I took the marble out and I had poeple on Harley's say "man that thing is loud", and it is also VERY cool to see the flames shoot out of both pipes. FYI, If you have not done the modification yet, and are a little confused like I was, as soon as you lift the tank, as if sitting on the bike, the hose for the pair valve is located on the back right side of the air box. I took my air box off looking for it before I finally traced the hose. Duh on me.

I did the Yosh slip on's as well, and overall while the sound is good, it does seem a little lacking for what I would consider performance at lower horses.  I even have received an occational backfire on a quick throttle off.  Also, my mileage (he he he ---  on hard throttle as if there were any other position) is quite a bit lower.  I am considering doing the pair mod.
considering it... like Nike says... Just Do It. (the marble mod)

ya, the lower rpm range suffers.

ya, milage suffers.

All them engineers, sittin' around day, after day,after day, eatin stale rice...

whadda think they were doin'....
rock.gif

THEY WEREN'T building a bike that someone else would have to tune for them... to try and get 4 extra horsepower...

I know...I'm in the minority... I just like my bike to have reasonable HP (recently dyno'd @ 156,198mph) to have drivability, to get decent milage....

I did the Yosh slip on's as well, and overall while the sound is good, it does seem a little lacking for what I would consider performance at lower horses.  I even have received an occational backfire on a quick throttle off.  Also, my mileage (he he he ---  on hard throttle as if there were any other position) is quite a bit lower.  I am considering doing the pair mod.
considering it...   like Nike says... Just Do It. (the marble mod)

ya, the lower rpm range suffers.

ya, milage suffers.

All them engineers, sittin' around day, after day,after day, eatin stale rice...

whadda think they were doin'....
rock.gif

THEY WEREN'T building a bike that someone else would have to tune for them... to try and get 4 extra horsepower...

I know...I'm in the minority...  I just like my bike to have reasonable HP (recently dyno'd @ 156,198mph) to have drivability, to get decent milage....
Nah I'm all with you on that one Rubbah'...
wink.gif

i see everyone else is seeing the same thing...and yes i have soot on my tailpipes also...so SOLD!!! marble mod it is.

Back